Smart Plug / Switch / Light Bulbs Not responding to Amazon Echo

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart Plug / Switch / Light Bulbs Not responding to Amazon Echo

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
18 Reply
Re:Smart Plug / Switch / Light Bulbs Not responding to Amazon Echo
2017-03-04 05:02:19
In reference to my last post my system came back on line in the wee hours of this morning. Up until then I kept getting server errors. In as much as I have no servers that I can control I can only surmise this was TP-Link cloud services that were having a problem. It gives me pause to try anything that is associated with the cloud. Moving on... the system worked well all day until just a few minutes ago (3:45 PM). It died again. My thought now is why would I buy any more TP-Link products if these few keep failing. The Alexa app runs smoothly for all other things. It's just TP Link that's failing all of us.
Options
2017-03-04 05:15:31
Since I can't trust the TP Link system to operate flawlessly I just cancelled my Amazon order for several more devices. I didn't wish to throw good money away to a flawed system.
Options
2017-03-04 19:51:29
Really poor communication by Amazon and TP LInk here. There was an Amazon could issue that was quite significant. I emailed TP and they told me about this. Then I receive an email from TP about resolving an issue. that is written for help desk dweebs, not consumers. Seriously, when will these people " get it."
Options
2017-03-04 22:00:42
Amen, deke. It's hard to keep the faith without any communication. My system is running again, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm having a wait and see attitude before I make the decision to expand my devices. Good luck to all of us.
Options
2020-08-07 23:55:55

@Merandy I too have exactly the same problem. I live in NZ. It is completely random and happens far too often. It got me so frustrated I nearly returned all of it. I am writing now because it has just done it all again. I just want it fixed. It is no where near reliable enough yet. I have discovered however over time that if I just leave it for a day or so it seems to come right again and my commands suddenly work. Please Kasa get together with Amazon and sort this out.

Options
2020-09-11 20:10:48

I'm having an issue with only one of my TP-Link plugs after it's worked for a couple years just fine. Now Alexa says OK when I tell her to turn it on, but nothing happens. I can turn it on through the Alexa app by tapping the on/off button, and Alexa will turn it off when I tell her to just fine. I also have a routine set up that turns this plug, along with certain others off, when I say say it's bedtime and that feature also works just fine, but it just won't turn ON using voice through Alexa. I'm afraid to disconnect it completely due to others saying they weren't able to reconnect.

Options
2020-12-19 00:53:47

@CuteSmurf I had this issue and fixed it by Disabling the Kasa skill in the Alexa app and then reenabling it. Hope this helps someone!

Options
2020-12-29 19:22:51

@ridemooses OMG, thank you! My Echo Dot stopped interfacing with my Kasa plug a couple weeks ago and I've been trying for days to fix it with no luck. I just disabled the Kasa skill and re-enabled and it WORKS!!! Thank you so much for posting the tip....you saved me hours of time and a world of headache!

Options