110 and 130 Bulbs dropping / losing connnection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

110 and 130 Bulbs dropping / losing connnection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
25 Reply
Re:110 and 130 Bulbs dropping / losing connnection
2017-12-19 20:08:32
I read the suggestions here but still I am facing the same issue my bulb got dropping around every 3-4 hours.

Crucial UK Discount Codes, vouchers and promo codes
Options
2017-12-20 07:35:22
Tried static IP address earlier this evening and sadly the WiFi has been dropped within a few hours.TP Link sent me a link to a new firmware when I said I had Virgin Media superhub 2 as there seems to be some compatibility issue; however new firmware did not fix either.Really losing the will, I'm rebooting router two or three times a day to reconnect the bulb and this takes nearly five minutes to boot.I have another call with TP Link tomorrow but don't hold out too much hope.
Options
2018-05-15 04:04:36
Hello All, I have been using the TP-Link Smart WiFi LED Bulb's & TP-Link HS100 Wireless Smart Plug's for some time now with very little problems at all while using my ADSL2+ internet connection. But in the last few weeks I upgraded to a home wireless 4G internet service and I needed a router with a sim card slot, so I purchased the TP-Link Archer MR200 Router as it had favourable feedback online.

It didn't take long before I noticed some or all of my smart devices going offline sometimes 3-4 times a day and one that was only 90cm away from the router. I tried everything possible to make it work like resetting, relocating the router and even using WIFI extenders but nothing seemed to work. I even tried changing router settings like channels and channel width but still this didn't work. I called TP-Link tech support and after going through trouble shooting with them we agreed the router could be faulty and to return it for a replacement.

Not giving up I decided to do some more research to see why some people lose WIFI signals at home and I found this article:
https://www.howtogeek.com/171869/why-does-running-my-microwave-kill-my-wi-fi-connectivity/

I tried it out by resetting the Smart Devices and making sure they were all online and working, then ran the microwave oven for about 20 seconds and when finished I asked my Google Mini to turn off the kitchen light and surprise it was offline, and even the Google Mini was struggling to answer me. Please keep in mind this is a $800 microwave that's only 2-3 years old so it's not like it's leaking because of bad seals or rust etc.

I also read that one of the problems might be the smart devices IP address's changing and therefore disconnecting or losing the router connection, so I came across this too:
https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-1112.html

First of all I went to my router settings and in my case as shown here https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-1112.html (Advanced - Network - Lan Settings - Client list) I added all my Smart Bulbs, Smart Plugs and Google Mini's to the (Address Reservation) below my (Client List). This could be different if your using a different brand of router.

These settings are for a 2.4GHz Connection, Not 5Ghz as TP-Link smart devices don't work on a 5GHz band as stated on the box.

Next thing was (Advanced - Network - Internet)
PDP Type: IPv4 & IPv6
APN Type: Static
Most other settings in this area were default to my ISP

Next changes are:
(Wireless - Wireless Settings)
Security: WPA/WPA2 Personal
Version: WPA2-PSK "Not Auto"
Mode: 802.11n Only
Channel: 11 Article also suggests Channels 1 & 6, but I've only tested channel 11 so far https://www.howtogeek.com/171869/why-does-running-my-microwave-kill-my-wi-fi-connectivity/
Channel Width: 20MHz
Transmit Power: High

As from the time of this post it's been 24 hours since the changes and so far none of my smart devices have gone offline, even after running the microwave oven.
I hope this works for you and good luck.
Options
2018-05-17 22:10:51
UPDATE I have now tried the above settings for over 4 days and all is working okay again. None of the smart devices (2) Smart Plugs & (3) Smart Bulbs have lost connection since the above changes. After working out the microwave was causing the kitchen light to go offline, I did some more testing and have noticed the issue is now temporary after these settings. This light fitting is about 6 feet away and while the microwave is in use the light is offline, but around 20-30 seconds after the microwave turns off the light is available again. Before the above settings this light and others would stay permanently offline. So other than the kitchen light having a 30 second rest after heating up food, all smart devices are working fine and staying online.
Options
2018-05-20 23:33:54
It has now been (7) days after changes made, with no disconnecting of Smart Bulbs LB100 & LB120's and HS100 Smart Plug's. Also my microwave was using 2450 MHz so I set my router to channel 1 and this has stopped the kitchen light from being affected. I believe the above changes I've made to the router has fixed all my smart devices from going offline. Special Note: I changed the PDP Type: IPv4 & IPv6 to IPv4 Only and Mode: 802.n to 802.11 b/g/n. These changes in the settings made no difference and the smart devices were still working without any problems. I also believe the most important change was adding the smart device's IP address to the Lan Settings (Address Reservation) section in my router. The router remembers and keeps the same IP address for each smart device.
Options
2018-05-31 01:04:42
It's been about (20) days since I made the above changes to the router and all LB100 LB120's and HS100's have stayed online with NO disconnections.
Options
2018-07-25 00:40:01

ShadowAD wrote

It's been about (20) days since I made the above changes to the router and all LB100 LB120's and HS100's have stayed online with NO disconnections.

Thanks ShadowAD. I was going crazy about this. Your solution worked perfectly (just the IP reservation thing was enough).
Options
2018-09-10 18:17:21

ShadowAD wrote

This worked for me thanks. It was driving me demented!
Options
2018-09-11 22:25:23
Hi Group, I have also had multiple drop outs using LB110/130 bulbs, have tried 'reserving' i.p s (as described above) on BTsmarthub6 by editing the 'keep this I.P' 'static' I.P to a no. outside the reserved for DHCP range,-- still drop outs but maybe less often.

Have now installed with great optimism very latest firmware upgrade 1.8.6 (released yesterday) only to find that the problem still persists. All this time the seven HS110 switches have operated perfectly.

any ideas??
Options
2018-09-14 16:06:56
The new 110/130 bulb firmware upgrade 1.8.6 seems to have fixed my bulb drop out problems, but only after i did a complete factory reset on my btsmarthub6 . and that is without yet setting up the 'Address Reservation' system recommended by other members. I will set the 'reservation' up anyway to be on the safe side.
I have had 3 days with zero dropouts .--great.
Options