Echo - suddenly no TP Link devices responding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Echo - suddenly no TP Link devices responding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
41 Reply
Re:Echo - suddenly no TP Link devices responding
2017-05-20 23:49:51
Looks to me like you've used a different account when you installed the devices that what you've used on this phone/tablet. You could try to reset the TP Link devices, then logout or re-install the app, and this time be sure to use the same account for the app. You'll probably need to logout/reinstall on any other handheld devices you're using.
Options
2017-05-21 22:49:36

Cdbma wrote

Are you sure it's not a problem with your router? Just for yucks, try a different channel.
I don't have a clue how to do that but I'll try to locate the paperwork. It's just weird that it will work for awhile and then drops connection and finds neighbors connection which is so much further away. Thank you!
Options
2017-05-22 21:10:35

MikeP_AutomationManager wrote

Looks to me like you've used a different account when you installed the devices that what you've used on this phone/tablet. You could try to reset the TP Link devices, then logout or re-install the app, and this time be sure to use the same account for the app. You'll probably need to logout/reinstall on any other handheld devices you're using.

Thanks MikeP for your comment. But I only installed on one iphone only. I don't have tablet or another phone to install it with. I did access the cloud tp-link account but it doesn't show any devices. All tp link smart plug and switch only supported by kasa app.
Options
2017-05-23 02:02:04

huiraym wrote

Thanks MikeP for your comment. But I only installed on one iphone only. I don't have tablet or another phone to install it with. I did access the cloud tp-link account but it doesn't show any devices. All tp link smart plug and switch only supported by kasa app.

No problem. It might be a tplink cloud or app bug, or someone reconfigured or reset your devices, or you've accidentally created two accounts. Still the same suggestion - reset your tplink devices and reinstall the app on that iphone, then make sure you use that new account throughout. The problem still appears to be the account your devices were configured to use is different from the one that you're trying to access them from using your iphone.
Options
2017-06-23 08:59:45
Anyone ever come up with a solution for "TP link isn't responding". All of a sudden, I can't control my light with my Echo.
Options
2017-06-23 11:34:06
I have the same problem. The KASA app was funky for a while on my iPhone, but works perfectly now. The Echo responds as your does. I'm guessing it is a TP-Link server problem since the app was wacky for a while. Maybe it's on Amazon's end, but I don't think so. The last time this happened, TP-Link corrected the problem overnight.
Options
2017-06-23 15:19:15
My Echo is now responding to TP-Link. I can turn my plugins on and off as usual. I guess the issue was resolved by TP-Link.
Options
2017-07-13 09:56:45
if you see disconnects on the plug, try firmware upgrade first.
http://static.tp-link.com/iotUpgradeTool_V1.0.zip
Make sure plug can receive good signal from the router. You can check the signal strengthen on the kasa app. it is better to be higher than -50dBm.
Options
2017-07-13 21:20:58
my problem is resolved. The issue i had was related to the ADSL internet speed. I had 15mb download and 1 mb upload. Usually i get maybe half or even less. When dealing with smart devices, this speed causes many timeout and therefore i got TP link not responding half of the time until i upgraded my internet. Now things are very stable and reliable.
Options
2017-07-14 10:33:50
good sharing
Options