Kasa Sunrise / Sunset -- Need Offset Time capability

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Kasa Sunrise / Sunset -- Need Offset Time capability

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
35 Reply
Re:Kasa Sunrise / Sunset -- Need Offset Time capability
2018-01-19 01:28:28
Definitely a priority 1 requst for enhancement. At sunset I turn on some light outside for a number of hours, but it should be 30 minutes later. The sunrise time I do not use. I have managed to change the location of the unit to believe it is further west and thus believing the sunset is at a later time, but this is awkward and not precise.
Options
2018-01-20 04:34:52
Please request this feature at [EMAIL="support@tp-link.com"]support@tp-link.com[/EMAIL] so that tp link gets to know what their costumer like.
Options
2018-02-11 09:00:43
I signed up just so that I can enter this comment and make the same request as you guys.

I agree with these comments a million (1,000,000 %):

"People don't wait for sunset to turn on lights."
" Sure... but unless you live on the Equator, it changes every day."

I emailed the support@tp-link.com address above and made the same request to have this important schedule modification available to us in a future update real soon.
Options
Sunset to sunrise issues
2018-02-11 23:19:42

jboucheb wrote

I signed up just so that I can enter this comment and make the same request as you guys.

I agree with these comments a million (1,000,000 %):

"People don't wait for sunset to turn on lights."
" Sure... but unless you live on the Equator, it changes every day."

I emailed the [EMAIL="support@tp-link.com"]support@tp-link.com[/EMAIL] address above and made the same request to have this important schedule modification available to us in a future update real soon.

Hi, I have had a link open since late December and no solution where sunset is started and sunrise stops the next day for away scheduling on the 105 plugs. It cannot span 2 days, go figure, you cannot set away for a period of darkness. In my reality it has always been sunset to sunrise. DUH!!!! Not one reply for a solution, hijacked by an Asian clown, no moderator and not the courtesy of some reply from TP. Good luck and view my link if it helps as it is current.
Options
Workaround for Sunrise/Sunset Offset
2018-02-15 03:53:48
Here's a workaround (though not perfect) to allow one to add an offset to sunrise/sunset times. It's based on the fact that the earth rotates 360 degees in 24 hours, therefore one hour is equal to 15 degrees of longitude.

Normally Kasa gets its location info (latitude,longitude) from your mobile device, but you can set it manually. Go to Settings>Location and Time>Location and use the "enter location manually' link.

If you want the sunrise/sunset time to be earlier, increase the longitude (e.g., changing from -82.5 degrees to -75 degrees moves the sunset/sunrise time 30 minutes earlier). Don't change the latitude unless you want to get more or less hours of daylight than your default location.

Advantages: Fairly fine control over offset - just do the math.
Disadvantages: Both sunrise and sunset times are affected by the same amount. You can't change them in opposite directions. All devices are affected by the same amount of offset.

I agree that we need an offset for sunrise/sunset that will work on a per device level (for each schedule).
Options
2018-03-16 15:04:18
Totally agree - adding this as a feature would make the plug perfect.
Options
2018-03-18 09:09:13
Hi, I have a comprehension problem. Sunrise to sunset is in 1 day and daylight hours, so why the functionality need? If it was sunset to sunrise, during darkness, there is a MAJOR bug that Kasa will not span one day at sunset to the next day at sunrise. They know about this since December, 2017 and the new Rev 2 release still has not corrected this. It would be really nice to get a clear answer and update for fixing this
Options
2018-04-11 01:49:14
Just a note to anyone new to this who comes across this thread, Stringify now works with Kasa and unlike IFTTT allows a sunrise or sunset timer that you can vary for up to +/- 2 hours, in 15 minute intervals.
Options
2018-05-08 00:41:05
I agree, I would also like to have the option to manually adjust the sunrise/sunset times.
Options
2018-07-22 18:17:59
Bought one of these because WeMo no longer supported / distributed in Australia and I just assumed such a basic function would be available ..... Crazy that they just ignore user requests. I want sunset plus X hours but alas????
Options