Kasa Sunrise / Sunset -- Need Offset Time capability

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Kasa Sunrise / Sunset -- Need Offset Time capability

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
35 Reply
Re:Kasa Sunrise / Sunset -- Need Offset Time capability
2018-07-23 09:29:53
TP-Link is working on this feature.

I have also consulted this same request before and they said it will be supported.

Not sure how long we need to wait, but hope it will come true soon..
Options
2018-07-24 01:31:49
Stringify was the solution I used and I'm quite pleased with it. As far as them working on it, I had an email exchange with support in March. In reply to my suggestion I received the following reply:
Thanks for the suggestion. This topic has been discussed, however ,we can not make the need come true.
We are so sorry about that, we can not ahead the sunrise or delay sunset.
Sorry for the inconvinience caused, but you can seup schedule for your purpose.

My reply was "if
you can determine the time of sunset you can determine 30 minutes before sunset. It is not impossible, it is just a lack of desire to meet customer needs".

I then received the following response:
[FONT=Calibri, Candara, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=3]Many thanks for your valuable reply.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, Candara, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, Candara, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=3]We have already sent a feedback regarding your request. The team will evaluate the plan.
Thanks for your feedback. Have a great day!

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, Candara, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri, Candara, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri, Candara, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=3]I'm going to give them the benefit of doubt and chalk it up to language barrier rather than snark, but as I said, Stringify works for me.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[/SIZE][/FONT]
Options
2018-07-24 06:48:31
I figured I'd email them as well, this is what I got back, frustrating as it seems like such a simple option to add

Thank you very much for requesting information about our product.

If so, for your requirement, please refer to the below guidance to setup the Sunset at first.
https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-999.html">https://www.tp-link.com/us/[/I]faq-999.html

Then setup a schedule to turn off. Like if sunset is 6.00pm, if you want to turn off 3 hours later, you may setup a schedule of 9:00 to turn off. As sunset time is not at same period time everyday, you may change the schedule everyday.
By the way, the plug cannot control the devices with standby mode.
Thanks for your cooperation!
Options
2018-10-29 21:54:27
+1 for this feature and there is no reason TP-Link could not include it in their Kasa app. Note that the Meross smart plug and app provide ability to offset sunrise and sunset times.
Options
2018-10-30 18:24:17
Seems that I stick to my Telldus solution which has this function and it works perfectly. I cannot change and loose this.
Options
2019-04-09 03:35:13

Stringify is shutting down, so I'm not sure what I'll do now.

Options
Re:Re:Kasa Sunrise / Sunset -- Need Offset Time capability
2019-04-09 15:53:50
same here. I was only using Stringify for this type of offset. I read somewhere that homekit can do this and that TP-LINK said at CES 2019 that they will have their KASA smart plugs supported on Homekit by early 2019. However we're in the 2nd quarter of the year and nothing from TP-LINK.....
Options
2019-11-03 21:54:41

Well the old X10 modules had the feature to set an event on or off     + or minus the minutes you set

and that was back in the computersaurus age.   Why does this have to be so difficult

Options
2019-11-03 22:03:00

And they still sell these modules and they still make dusk and dawn settings easy.

" Dusk and Dawn

ActiveHome Pro contains information about the rising and setting of the sun all over the world. You can use that information to set lights that automatically adjust to later sunset times in the summer, and shorter days in the winter.

In order to use Dusk and Dawn settings you should set your city or latitude and longitude information in the Configuration menu."    

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Creating_A_Timer#Dusk_and_Dawn

X10  Home gadgets since 1978----------------------------------------------

Options
2019-11-05 18:27:31

@jarrettm I second (or third?) this request. Very nice to be able to turn lamp on at say Sunset - 30 mins

Options