Kasa Sunrise / Sunset -- Need Offset Time capability

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Kasa Sunrise / Sunset -- Need Offset Time capability

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
35 Reply
Re:Kasa Sunrise / Sunset -- Need Offset Time capability
2019-12-02 14:45:25

@wheindl you can set a WU trigger on IFTTT and set your location eastward for earlier or westward for later triggers. Use maps to figure out what longitude you're on then add or subtract 1 for an offset of 4 minutes. There's 4 minutes between each longitude. 

Options
2020-07-26 06:08:55

@Moderator_Edwa Dynamic sunset time is the standard for Smartlife app. Would Kasa implement this feature?

Options
2020-07-28 05:31:15

@jarrettm They have finally added this!  At least in my HS200 switches.  (had to force a firmware update to get the ability)

With that being said, I am pretty disappointed that the offset is limited to + or - an hour.  I think for most folks use cases this is OK, but I don't understand why the artificial limit (other than making the UI simpler).

Options
2022-02-28 22:54:07

@Moderator_Edwa 

That answer does not address the probelm and leaves us with having to manually adjust the time daily or weekly to get the desired results.

Even my 18 dollar electronic non wifi timer has the offset feature.

Options
2022-02-28 22:58:05

@Moderator_Edwa 

You do something like this for bulbs but not switchs.

Fade rate on bulbs.

Options