Motion Switches with Matter/Homekit Support

Monday
Tags: #Tapo
Model: ES20M  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi. Does TP-Link plan on pushing out a Kasa or Tapo variation of the Motion dimmer switch with Matter or Homekit capabilities in the future? I have had to utilize external motion sensors from other companies in order to implement proper presence detection within my smart home ecosystem of choice. I am deep in the Tapo ecosystem now with almost all of my light switches and cameras being from Tapo and would love to incorporate a version of these switches with Matter or Homekit built in.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Motion Switches with Matter/Homekit Support
Monday

Hey @Petrij98,

I believe that this is in the roadmap, but there are other types of devices that we will likely see released first. For our Matter devices in particular, we are still waiting for them to be updated to 1.3, and I would wager that we will learn more when those updates begin shipping out.

For now, I would recommend looking at the T100 Sub-Ghz Motion Sensors, as they integrate and pair very well with typical Tapo switches/dimmers. The Sub-G H100 Hub is a Matter Compatible Bridge for most sensors, and will also allow for the hub to execute Tapo-Based Smart Actions locally on your network, without an internet connection.

The Hubs Matter Compatibility also allows the devices to be seen and controlled directly via third-party controllers, such as Apple Home. While it is not a direct all-in-one solution for a Matter/Motion Switch, it does provide a very similar experience and compatibility. I will see what I can learn about the release of such a device and will make sure to forward the need to our teams. 

Automating Your Home with the T100 Sub-GHz Motion Sensor

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 35

Replies: 1

Tags

Tapo
Related Articles