SSH access to TL-ER2260T

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

SSH access to TL-ER2260T

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
SSH access to TL-ER2260T
SSH access to TL-ER2260T
2023-11-22 16:09:01 - last edited 2023-11-24 02:36:09
Model: General Product  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 231009 Rel.35921n

Hi community,

I recently bought a  TL-ER2260T, this is a chinese market only router as far as I can tell, the router interface is all in chinese and all forums discussions I found is in chinese.

Reason for buying it is that it's a well priced router with 2x 10G SFP+ ports

Google chrome translation did a great job and allows me to configure the router.

I would like to get SSH access to it, accoding to chinese forums this can be achieved by enabling " Remote Assistance" and computing the root password by taking the MAC of interface GE4, removing the "-" doing an MD5 and using the first 16 characters.

Unfortunately, and due to my fault really, it seems on the latest firmware this root password computation has changed.

So, I'm here asking for some help if anyone has any knowledge on this router or overall TP-LINK that can help.

I have found another post for a different router with a slightly different root password computation pinted out bu @dsj but unfortunately that didn't help either.

The best tool I have in hand is the actual firmware version I used to udpate and the script `/etc/init.d/dropbear`, attached, wich seem to generate the original root password, but as far as I can tell it's the same computation as the original chinese pos mentioned. 

Any help here is appreciated.

File:
dropbear.zipDownload
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:SSH access to TL-ER2260T-Solution
2023-11-23 00:52:52 - last edited 2023-11-24 02:36:07

Hi @jjeziorny 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Unfortunately, you should search for related info on the Chinese forum. We don't have any details or info about the model sold in China.

Even if you have an overseas model, like the Omada series, we don't provide a guide to root access it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:SSH access to TL-ER2260T-Solution
2023-11-23 00:52:52 - last edited 2023-11-24 02:36:07

Hi @jjeziorny 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Unfortunately, you should search for related info on the Chinese forum. We don't have any details or info about the model sold in China.

Even if you have an overseas model, like the Omada series, we don't provide a guide to root access it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 358

Replies: 1

Related Articles