URL filtering does not seem to work

2024-01-30 15:23:31 - last edited 2024-01-31 01:17:40
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.4

Hello,

So im trying to use URL filtering to block things for my kiddo. Yet, it seems that the sites just get loaded even tho they are in the deny list.

Is it required that the DNS settings of the client are configured to be the router? Because now they are pointing towards 2 PI-Hole servers.

Anyway, some screenshots:

9e673e3b5eab43f8bc6013c3ccaccf83

As for testing, just one IP has been configured which is:

acde2e6268dd425bb654aef07941db22

The new policies have been applied i have confirmed that into the application result log. Also, the IP address of my client is 192.168.5.71 as indicated.I have also ran a ipconfig /flushdns. Still, www.youtube.com is accessible. 

Same goes for when i try it inPrivate. Controller version is the last version.

Also with IPgroup:Any the block doesnt work.

How can i fix this?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:URL filtering does not seem to work-Solution
2024-01-31 01:17:32 - last edited 2024-01-31 01:17:40

Hi @Naldjer 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You might wanna use the search function on the forum.

If you have the pi-hole, why not set up the block from the DNS server? At least people from GitHub run the update of the URL. The guide I give is merely a list of the URLs that YTB might use based on the search results from Google. So I don't guarantee it would be effective on all platforms (i.e. cellphone YTB app).

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:URL filtering does not seem to work-Solution
2024-01-31 01:17:32 - last edited 2024-01-31 01:17:40

Hi @Naldjer 

You might wanna use the search function on the forum.

If you have the pi-hole, why not set up the block from the DNS server? At least people from GitHub run the update of the URL. The guide I give is merely a list of the URLs that YTB might use based on the search results from Google. So I don't guarantee it would be effective on all platforms (i.e. cellphone YTB app).

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:URL filtering does not seem to work
a week ago

@Naldjer Hello .

I have TP-Link ER605 v2, and I made upgrade latest version ER605(UN)_V2_2.2.4 Build 20240119, after this Upgrade my WebFilter websites doesn't work, before upgrade firmware everythink it was OK, now all blocked websites Router is opening.

Any idea what Can I do, is there a solutions or better downgrade.

Thanks in advance.

Options
Re:URL filtering does not seem to work
a week ago

Hi @Allianztech 

Allianztech wrote

@Naldjer Hello .

I have TP-Link ER605 v2, and I made upgrade latest version ER605(UN)_V2_2.2.4 Build 20240119, after this Upgrade my WebFilter websites doesn't work, before upgrade firmware everythink it was OK, now all blocked websites Router is opening.

Any idea what Can I do, is there a solutions or better downgrade.

Thanks in advance.

A downgrade is the same process as an upgrade.

Recommend you read on this guide: How to Configure Web Filtering to Block Sites

If you need any further assistance on the matter, please start a new thread with details.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 344

Replies: 3

Related Articles