External wifi antenna

External wifi antenna

External wifi antenna
External wifi antenna
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone,

I need to externalize an antenna to get the connection inside the red box (about 1 and a half hectares).
I would like to put a smart doorbell + cam at the gate (230m) and some cams at the ends of the fence.
What do you recommend?

Options
3 Reply
Re:External wifi antenna
2 weeks ago

palanzana wrote

Hi everyone,

I need to externalize an antenna to get the connection inside the red box (about 1 and a half hectares).
I would like to put a smart doorbell + cam at the gate (230m) and some cams at the ends of the fence.
What do you recommend?

Hi @palanzana 

If you would like to extend the signal from the house to outdoor, you can try to use the Omada outdoor access points (EAP-Outdoor) products to set up Mesh system. The first AP should be hardwired to the router/gateway and other AP/s can communicate wirelessly via mesh to the wired AP(Only three hops are allowed). The physical layer is as follow: Router---EAP))) mesh (((EAP))) (((wireless devices. 

From the house to the gate, the wireless bridge/point to point can be installed. A pair of CPEs is needed to establish the wireless bridge. Here is an example for the physical layer set up: Router/Gateway <hardwired to> CPE AP)))(((CPE Client <hardwired to> another wifi router/access points to broadcast wifi.

The coverage of EAP-Outdoor can reach up to 50–100 meters in a good environment. But please also be aware of the limitation: Why Does My Cellphone Fail to Connect to Remote Outdoor Access Points?

The coverage of the outdoor access points is influenced by different factors such as obstruction, frequency band and interference. Whether the connection can be installed successfully is not guaranteed.

For detail recommendation on the products, please try to contact the local support according to your region.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2 weeks ago

@Hank21 

too complicated, I can't run LAN cables throughout the house to power these AP. So there are no powerful omnidirectional antennas to cover the entire surface?

Options
2 weeks ago

palanzana wrote

@Hank21 

too complicated, I can't run LAN cables throughout the house to power these AP. So there are no powerful omnidirectional antennas to cover the entire surface?

Hi @palanzana 

Though the range of EAP-Outdoor can reach the distance you mentioned in a very ideal environment, it is impossible for your wireless devices such as cameras connect to the EAP-Outdoor Wi-Fi due to the limitation of the wireless devices themselves. 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 121

Replies: 3

Related Articles