Best solution to extend wifi?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-28 12:40:35 - last edited 2023-07-31 08:17:22
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have an Archer AX10 and I want to extend and unify the wifi network in all the rooms with some Deco devices. I was thinking of doing one of the following:

1. Deco X50 cabled to the AX10. Disable WiFi on AX10 and configure it on AX50. Add one X20 in a room, cabled to the X50. Same in another room, with a secondary X20 cabled to the X50. Finally, in the 3rd room, one X20 connected wirelessly.

or

2. Same as 1 but without the Deco X50, connect two X20 to the AX10 with cables and one wireless.

What do you guys think would be the best option?

Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Best solution to extend wifi?-Solution
2023-07-28 23:25:25 - last edited 2023-07-31 08:17:22

@MishuRO 

With the second option and Deco X20 in AP mode you'll have Deco mesh. Here's how to setup an ethrnet backhaul with Deco.

There's another option - Archer AX10 recently got an updated FW with the EasyMesh feature.

It depends how big is your apartment to decide how many additional X20 or Archer AX10 (wirelessly) and where to put them to cover all the premises.

Here you can get more details on different mesh technologies from TP-Link.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Best solution to extend wifi?-Solution
2023-07-28 23:25:25 - last edited 2023-07-31 08:17:22

@MishuRO 

With the second option and Deco X20 in AP mode you'll have Deco mesh. Here's how to setup an ethrnet backhaul with Deco.

There's another option - Archer AX10 recently got an updated FW with the EasyMesh feature.

It depends how big is your apartment to decide how many additional X20 or Archer AX10 (wirelessly) and where to put them to cover all the premises.

Here you can get more details on different mesh technologies from TP-Link.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Best solution to extend wifi?
2023-07-29 06:40:40

@terziyski thank you for the answer. Unfortunately my Ax10 comes from the isp and I don't think it got updated with EasyMesh. 

I will try the second solution with two wired x20 and one wireless.

Config should be done from Deco app, correct? 

Options
Re:Best solution to extend wifi?
2023-07-29 09:18:30

@MishuRO 

You can consult with your ISP for the possibility of upgrading the AX10 FW - this can be done manually - details (Case 1).

Yes, Deco app should be used for configuring X20 - details.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 381

Replies: 3

Related Articles