very slow date rate and wifi from power line

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-10 15:59:00 - last edited 2023-09-15 07:14:35
Model: TL-WPA8631P KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi, hoping someone can help on this. I have recently upgraded to fibre to the house and get 940mbs. I have an Archer AX11000 connected to the router ad get wifi in excess 600mbs in the areas around the unit. I also have an TL-WPA8613P powerline kit and an addtional TL-WPA8613P. One unit is working ok, not great but wi-fi around 100mbs. The other unit is much slower - around 30mbs. I have tried every socket in the room that I need the unit and there is little difference. The data rate between the units are 255mbs to the 'working; unit' and 72mbs to the one with the issue

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:very slow date rate and wifi from power line-Solution
2023-09-13 15:46:25 - last edited 2023-09-15 07:14:35

Hi @Sunshine, I did and had the same problem so it does seem to be an issue with my house environment rather than the product. I naively thought powerlines would just work :-) I should have just gone for a new mesh network.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:very slow date rate and wifi from power line
2023-09-12 11:50:43

@Joe1975 

Hi, the slow speed is caused by slow powerline rate, please follow this guide to troubleshoot:

What can I do if my powerline rate is very low

In addition, you could also try swapping the two powerline extenders to see if the issue happens with the same extender or same location.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-09-12 11:59:34

Hi  @Sunshine . thanks for taking the time to reply and help. Its appreciated.

Unfortunately I have tried all those steps and there is no improvement. I spoke to TP-Link support last night and they have effectively said the issue is due to wiring in my house, which translates to me as Powerlines are redundant, get Wi-Fi extenders! They recomended the Deco X60 system. I hope I have misunderstood their feedback as if not I have wasted a lot of money and have an AX11000 and 3 WPA8613p for sale ;-) Or I move house....

Thanks again.

Options
2023-09-13 07:58:20

@Joe1975 

Hi, did you try swapping the two powerline extenders to see if the issue happens with the same extender or same location?

If not, please have a try, as it will help to confirm if it is the specific extender issue or the powerline environment issue of that specific location. 

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:very slow date rate and wifi from power line-Solution
2023-09-13 15:46:25 - last edited 2023-09-15 07:14:35

Hi @Sunshine, I did and had the same problem so it does seem to be an issue with my house environment rather than the product. I naively thought powerlines would just work :-) I should have just gone for a new mesh network.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-09-15 07:14:21

@Joe1975 

Thank you very much for the update, if you have any further question about our product, please let us know.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 558

Replies: 5

Related Articles