Issues starts after upgrading the firmware.

2024-04-07 22:54:50 - last edited 2024-04-07 22:58:00
Tags: #Firmware Update #Wifi Range
Model: Archer C64  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Firmware Version: 1.13.2 Build 230824 Rel.74702n(5553)

I bought this TP Link C64 router last february 2024 and used this router without upgreding for a while. It was really good all-rounder router as I was getting top notch performance from it. After few days I saw an firmware update comes and I searched about the new version and amazed to know about some new features introduced in newer version. And I upgrade it. After upgrade I faces significantly WiFi range drop compare to previous version. And still today I am looking for the soution for this. I know wifi range depends on router position and environment. And my router remain at same position and place as it were before update. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Issues starts after upgrading the firmware.
2024-04-07 23:14:44

@IsmailBD 

I am using C64 in AP mode with the latest FW but I haven't noticed any wireless coverage drop on mine.

What you can try is to reset the router to factory defaults and re-configure from scratch then check if there's any improvement.

In any case a new FW release is expected to follow to fix some current issues like described here.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Issues starts after upgrading the firmware.
a week ago

@terziyski I have tried all these and an d Nothing worked for me at all. Now I am hoping for a new update.if that can fix it. I also saw some other user of Archer C64 faces the same issue in facebook group and one user updated his firmware manually to latest beta version and he found his issue has solved. As archer c6 v4 got update one weeks ago, I hope TP Link will dorp a stable update for C64 as well very soon.

BTW I have another question, I am using my another router Newifi D2 as my 2ndary router using lan connection. I am using Customized Padavan firmware on Newifi D2. and I am wondering do I have to face any issue if I use Allow list to filter my user?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 110

Replies: 2

Tags

Firmware Update
Wifi Range
Related Articles