BE800 Fast Upload, slow download FTTH Connected directly to Nokia ONT

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Archer BE800  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20240227 rel.33191

UPDATE: I think I may have solved the problem. There was a setting in the BE800 called "Internet Port Negotiation Speed Setting". I changed it from Auto Negotiation to 2500Mbps Full Duplex and voila! I am now getting 2.5Gbps down and up on my PC. But I read this could lead to issues. Clearly the router is limiting speed to all of my wired devices and I'm unsure of why.

UPDATE #2: I turned it back to Auto Negotiation, but this time I went into the router settings went into Devices and set a Speed Limit on my desktop. I put a custom Speed Limit of 2500Mbp and now i get full 2.5Gbps.

UPDATE #3: Contacted Live chat and they are escalating it to Senior Engineers.

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased the BE800. Pretty impressive router!

My ISP is Rogers (Canada) and I pay for 2.5Gbps symmetrical. I swapped the ISP provided XB8 for the BE800. Connected the BE800 directly to the Nokia ONT. Wi-Fi is working great. My iPhone on the 6Ghz network reaches over gigabit download speed, which is a vast improvement over the XB8.

However the same can't be said for my wired devices. No matter what device I plug in, the highest download speed I get is 750Mbps. The average speed I get is 650Mbps.

The Upload speed to devices that are capable of taking advantage of the 2.5Gbps is the full or very near the 2.5Gbps i'm paying for, which is a huge improvement over the XB8.

Now concerning the download speed, I connected my desktop PC (one of the few devices with a 2.5Gbps or greater Ethernet port) directly to the Nokia ONT with a Cat6 and got the full 2.5Gbps download and upload. Clearly it seems the Router is the issue. With the XB8, I was getting almost the full gigabit speeds that the XB8 could throw out with it's gigabit ports, but with the BE800 I'm getting less than the XB8 which is disappointing. My Desktop PC is usually connected a D-Link 2.5Gbps switch.

QoS is disabled. Is there anything else I should change in the router? Or am I doing something wrong?

Options
6 Reply
Re:BE800 Fast Upload, slow download FTTH Connected directly to Nokia ONT

@Tmaz 

Can you post your BE800 ethernet ports status:

If everything is normal, sometimes resetting the router to its factory defaults helps - press the reset button for about 10 seconds.

Configure only basic settings and test again. If the issue persists connect to your BE800 with your desktop PC and clone its MAC address:

Test again and check if there's any difference.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
3 weeks ago
Hi, thanks for the response! I’m at work currently so won’t be able to get back with the response I need to give you. Is there a place in the app to see the network map? I’m looking everywhere’s and don’t see it.
Options
3 weeks ago

@Tmaz 

Don't use the app for troubleshooting - there's a limited device information through its interface.

When you get back home execute these steps from your desktop PC using the BE800 WebGUI.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

@terziyski My desktop is connected via a 8-port 2.5Gbps switch, which is connected to LAN4. As I said in the original post, I get 2.5Gbps upload, but 650Mbps download whether I'm connected via switch or directly to the BE800.

UDPATE: I reset the router which did not make a difference in speed and I also cloned the mac address as you recommended and same thing.

Thanks so much for your help!

Options
3 weeks ago

@Tmaz 

Contact your local support and let them advise you on this issue.

Options
3 weeks ago

@terziyski Thanks again for your help! Reached out to live chat and he's escalating it to Senior Engineers. Will let you know what the solution is! Thanks again!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 308

Replies: 6

Related Articles