Update Deco

Released On: 2022-07-19 09:21:37Last update time: 2023-05-05 02:29:24

Here we have summarized several frequently asked questions about Deco firmware upgrades in the community.

Q1: How to find the hardware version of your Deco?

A1:How to find the hardware version on a TP-Link device

Q2: How to update Deco firmware?

A2: Check this guide for How to Update the Firmware of Deco.

Q3: Do I have to get internet service in order to update Deco firmware?
A3: 

Method 1- via Deco APP---Yes, you do.
Method 2- via the web interface---No, you don’t.
Method 3- via upgrade tool---No.

Q4: Why Deco APP says my firmware is up to date when there is new firmware available on the official website?

A4: The firmware upgrade is applied in sequence to the correct devices during the release process. So not all users get the new firmware notification in the first place. It is suggested to check for firmware upgrades on a regular basis.

Q5: Can I update the firmware which is not for my country?

A5: It is suggested to always stick to your local official websites. And it is welcome to comment below if there is a long delay on the local website for the new firmware release.

Q6: if I am on V1, can I use V2/V3 firmware?

A6: NO, you can't. Even though you notice some firmware versions are the same for V1/V2/V3, it is still recommended to use their separate firmware links.

Q7: If I am on Vx.2/x.6/x.8, which firmware am I supposed to use?

A7: Please check on the local official firmware to see if there is a separate section for Vx.2/x.6. For example:

Normally Vx.0=Vx.6/Vx.8(eg:V1.0=V1.6/V1.8); Vx.x0=Vx.x6/Vx.x8(eg:V1.20=V1.26/V1.28). And please do ask if you still are puzzled.

Q8: If there are different firmware versions in one kit, can I still update the firmware via Deco APP?

A8: Yes, you can. But there is a slight chance that one of the Deco might fail to update.
If you do, please log into the web UI of this individual Deco and upload the firmware separately.
How to get the IP of this Deco:

Q9: Can I downgrade the firmware back to the original version?

A9: It depends. For example, if you are on 1.5.3 or 1.5.4, you could update to 1.5.7, then downgrade back to 1.5.3/1.5.4(the firmware downgrade process is quite the same as firmware upgrade); but if you are on 1.4.x or 1.2.x, once the firmware is updated to 1.5.x, it could not be downgraded. Normally, it would be mentioned on the firmware release note and if there is no such notice, do ask before you update the firmware.

Q10: Is a power outage allowed during the firmware upgrade?

A10: No, it will brick the router and break the warranty.

Q11: How to run a firmware recovery if Deco was bricked?

A10: How to use firmware recovery if the Deco become brick

Comment

komt er nog een nieuwe update voor de tp link deco en ja waar neer  dan

Can I update the firmware having different Deco models in the network (3 Deco EX75 and 1 Deco X50)? Thanks 

upload
    upload