Parental Control does not work

Released On: 2023-01-31 03:03:47Last update time: 2024-02-21 09:56:26

"Filter Content" is based on the Parental Control database, and sometimes the database might not get a timely update, so some sites might not be classified into a default content category. In this way, you might need to manually add it to the "Blocked Websites". While some websites and apps have multiple domain names, it is necessary to add as many possible key domain names to completely disable these websites or apps.

Step one: Basic Configuration

1. Choose the appropriate age group since some categories are blocked by default under different ages.

2. Edit the Filter Content to add/remove certain categories based on your actual request.

Step two: Advanced Configuration

1. Manually add a "Blocked Website" that you don't want to access.

• Here we have collected some commonly used domains for your reference:
Youtube youtube.com
youtubei.googleapis.com
youtube-ui.google.com
m.youtube.com
FaceBook api.facebook.com
 b-api.facebook.com
 b-graph.facebook.com
 lookaside.facebook.com
 gateway.facebook.com
 edge-mqtt.facebook.com
 graph.facebook.com
Twitter twing.com
video.twimg.com
pbs.twing.com
api.twitter.com
Instagram i.instagram.com
graph.instagram.com

2. Block certain sites under history insight.

With the above configuration, if some blocked sites are still accessible, it is not related to the configuration anymore, and the following suggestions would be helpful:

• Clear the browsing history or caches.
  • Disconnect the WiFi network and connect again.
  • Test on a different web browser or another device if possible.

If all steps are in vain,  please start a new thread or comment with the following details:

1. Which websites that you can't block?--A link for them would be highly appreciated.

2. Which device that you want to block these sites for?

3. Some screenshots of your parental control settings.

Related Link:  What if Parental Control Doesn't Take Effect on Deco?

Comment

Blocked websites on my Deco x20 have stopped working for all sites. The latest firmware update hasn't seemed to fix it. 
Any help pls?

I have below problem is reported by many users, on many threads for past several months but no resolustion is seen from your team.

I am using Tp-Link Deco M5 for past few years. The Parental control App Block has stopped working for past 10 months.

My kid is able to play all games easily. I read online that many users are facing the same issue but unable to get any resolution from your product team. Can you please advice me on how can I resolve this problem ASAP. Do you have any Technical support team in Bangalore, India who can fix this problem.

Did anyone else have a problem with parental controls this evening?

We have our schools nights as Sunday night to Thursday night off at 830 pm and Weekends as Friday and saturday evening internet off at 1030pm
Specifically it thought tonight (Saturday ) was a school night even though the app parental control bedtime is 1030 was I had to change the bed time on the school nights Sunday - thursday to 1030 to get it working tonight.

upload
    upload