Authentication has expired for WLAN-LED...

2024-04-18 06:16:28
Model: Tapo L630  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi!

I am operating a TP-Link WLAN-LED GU10 L630 via Home Assistant, among other things.

Although the LED as well as the control via Home Assistant work perfectly, the message has been appearing again and again for a few days:

"Authentication has expired for WLAN-LED_...
The device requires authentication. Please enter your TP-Link credentials below."

When I then enter the user name and password, the message appears:

"TP-Link Smart Home
Re-authentication was successful"

A short time later, the message with the expired authentication appears again - with or without restarting Home Assistant. 

Any ideas how to solve the problem?

Greetings, clajos

Options
3 Reply
Re:Authentication has expired for WLAN-LED...
2 weeks ago

@clajos I'm seeing exactly the same problem with a TP-Link P110 Meter

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@clajos Just been doing some digging and found this issue: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/116089

It seems it is a known problem and is caused by having both the core 'TP-Link Smart Home' integration and the HACS 'TP-Link TAPO' integration installed.  Reading it the fix missed the 2024-05 HomeAssistant release but should be in the 2024-06 release.  Alternatively I expect you could uninstall one of the integrations.  I've tried disabling the HACS 'TP-Link TAPO' integration but that didn't solve the problem.  So I've uninstalled it and everything seems to be working OK via the core 'TP-Link Smart Home' integration, but it's only been 5 mins so far!!  Unfortunately it means that some of the entities associated with the P110 Meter are no longer available.

Options
2 weeks ago

@grhmsmth Hey, thanks for your information! Yes, I've already read about the 2024.6 update and I'll wait and see... I was also surprised that TP-Link-Tapo and TP-Link-Smarthome are installed at the same time, but I didn't dare to uninstall either of them...

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 205

Replies: 3

Related Articles