HS200 WiFi Setup Difficulties

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-22 21:29:46

My 3 way switch is wired properly, and I have two bars of WiFi signal strength at the switch.  I had to instruct the iPhone to "forget" the TP Network signal because it was kicking me off my home network wifi due to its superior strength.  As I follow the steps in setup, going back and then connecting to the TP netwrok, progress stops.  It never completes. What next?

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS200 WiFi Setup Difficulties
2021-11-23 00:57:30 - last edited 2021-11-23 00:58:04

Hello @Curmudgeon10 

Please follow APP instructions to set up the smart device, when app guides to connect to Kasa_Smart Switch_ XX SSID (smart  device default SSID is an open Wi-Fi without Internet access, it will be gone after smart device successfully connected to router's Wi-Fi)

• iOS: Go to the Settings page, click on the Wi-Fi  to connect to the Smart device’s Wi-Fi manually, then go back to app to continue set up

Android: Android phone will look for smart device automatically, if not or could not find  device,  manually connect to Smart device's Wi-Fi, go back to APP and continue set up.

• Turn off VPN

If any error occurs, please try some instructions here: What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

Can I know the model and Android or IOS version of your phone if concern persists,thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 228

Replies: 1

Related Articles