【Trial】Smart Action 2.0: Unlock Next-Level Smart Home Automation

Smart Action 2.0: Unlock Next-Level Smart Home Automation

You are stepping into a whole new, more comprehensive era of smart homes. Join us in our upgraded Smart Action 2.0, and explore and unlock even more possibilities.

Unleash the Power of Smart Actions for Smarter Living

Automate Your Devices at a Certain Time

Gone are the days when one had to control home appliances manually. Preset a schedule with the Tapo app to automatically manage your smart home devices according to your daily routine and preferences.

Trigger Automations from Another Device's Actions

Set rules to automate your smart home devices when certain events occur, like another accessory turning on/off or detecting something. Create a more secure, convenient, and comfortable living space for you and your loved ones.

Multitasking Made Easy

With the Shortcut function, you can control multiple devices all at once for a customizable scene. Using just one tap on the Tapo app, or a simple voice command, you can instantly set the perfect ambience for any activity.

Unlock Next-Level Smart Actions

Elevate Your Life with Smart Actions 2.0 Templates

Unlock 20+ new templates for limitless lifestyle scenarios! Each template offers detailed scenario descriptions to help you choose the proper one. Tailored scenarios with in-template customizations for a hassle-free life.

Introducing Conditional Automation

· Automations only run when your conditions are triggered.

· Set various device statuses as conditions.

Say Hello to Geofencing

· Use your location as an automation trigger.

· Supports multiple location triggers.

· Supports multi-device control from one Tapo account.

Seamless Integration with Siri Shortcuts

Integrate Tapo Shortcuts with Siri Shortcuts for voice-activated control.

Easier Management of Smart Actions

You check the device-related Smart Actions at its Status page now for ultra-convenience and easier management.

Even More to Discover

You check the device-related Smart Actions at its Status page now for ultra-convenience and easier management.

• Custom automation notifications when running an automation.

• Supports delaying actions.

• Custom time durations for No Motion trigger. If no motion is detected for the specified duration, the trigger will activate the designated actions.

• Custom time durations for Open Sensor trigger. When the Contact Sensor remains open for the specified duration, the trigger will activate the designated actions.

• Duplicate shortcuts and automation

• Multi-select devices when setting actions.

• Set sunrise/sunset effect timing.

• Custom shortcuts are displayed on the Home page.

Things You May Want To Know

1. Is Smart Action 2.0 available for Kasa devices?

Yes! In addition to the skills supported in the Kasa App itself, syncing your Kasa device to the Tapo App will give you the ability to turn on additional skill permissions for your Kasa device!

2. When will the Smart Action 2.0 be officially released?

Smart Action 2.0 will probably be available to everyone between Q1 to Q2 of 2024, so stay tuned! Keep posted by subscribing to this article, or pay attention to the release note of the new App version.

3. Why can't I manage my automation or shortcut rules suddenly?

Smart Action 2.0 feature is available in the testing version 3.2.204(Android) and 3.2.206 (iOS) only. The smart action rules created or saved through the testing version cannot be edited on other App versions. But they're still visible and take effect.

If you have enabled the App auto-update, the new version is likely to overwrite the testing version. 

Smart Action 2.0 trial test has ended now. Stay tuned to the official release!

The error message when trying to edit Smart Action 2.0 rules in other App versions.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Report a bug or problem? Start a new thread!

Tapo Smart Camera | Kasa Smart Camera

Tapo Smart Plug | Kasa Smart Plug

Tapo Smart Lighting | Kasa Smart Lighting

Tapo Smart Switch | Kasa Smart Switch

Tapo Smart Hubs | Kasa Thermostat

Tapo Smart Sensors

Tapo Robot Vacuums

Feature Request: Tapo | Kasa

Let's Discuss!

Tag #Smart Actions and #Smart Action 2.0 (custom)

Discover Smart Devices Crafted by Tapo

Looking for More?

How to Create Smart Actions

Related Articles

Meet Brand-New Tapo 3.0 App

New Tapo APP for Pad Devices -- App Lanscape Mode!

Let's Discuss! What Can You Do with Home Automation?

How To Build A Smart Home (Beginner Guide 101)

What does TP-Link introduce at CES 2024?

Control Smart Device with Deco App < Tapo/Kasa/Philips Hue/Matter >

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.

Comment

Ok

Do you know when the beta program is starting?

Hi

I see : 

Even More to Discover

Does it means those features mentioned in this post : https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/615978 ?

Thanks

Hi

I see : 

Even More to Discover

Does it means those features mentioned in this post : https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/615978 ?

Thanks

Hi

@panteror 

Exactly. Notification will be added as an Action in the Smart Action 2.0 update.

A notification will be sent to your phone when the automation triggers, you can even customize the content of the notification!

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.

This would be interesting to see if better motion integration is added.  

When does this start?

Dear Wayne-TP,

I'm very interested in testing the new Smart Actions 2.0 feature.

Some words about my setup: my whole house is equipped with tapos and kasas! I've got 112 devices at all. First, 12 kasa KE100 for my heatings. Sadly they are as for now not controllable via tapo ap. I hope it comes soon!

At my windows i have got 13 sensors T110. Now they are for alarms. Later they should provide a detection of opening to control my heatings. 

For Controlling my house i have a C200 camera and a D230 doorbell. 

For manual control i have four S200B Switches and also one S220. One S210 is actually shipping via amazon. 

For my lightning i have 16 L630, two more are already ordered. Also eight L530. Plus behind my TVs two L920, two new ones ordered as well. 

All in all i count nine P110 and 27 P100 plugs at my home. 

For motion detection i have three T100 and for water detection four T300. 

To see some things at a glance i own four T315 and for checking data one T310. 

These all devices are fired up by one H200, one H100 and one KH100 hub. 

As you can see, i like your products very much and i have many automations for my lightning, alarms, etc. 

I am already in the beta programm of the android app and gave a review. 

I can't say wich automation i like most, i want to test it! 

Please set me up or contact me! 

Kind regards 

Peter

I sent PM.

I'm on android. Do I need be in beta or the main version for this? 

I sent a PM and look forward to participating in the beta process

upload
    upload
      Subscriptions