New Tapo APP for Pad Devices -- App Lanscape Mode!

New Tapo APP for Pad

Early Access

This is a piece of exciting news for many Tapo users, we're happy to announce that Tapo App is going to support Pad devices! If you are a tablet user or seek a larger screen experience, don't miss out on this early access opportunity!

Tapo for Pad, not only adapts to Pad devices, supporting landscape mode, but also introduces a range of new features to streamline your smart home management. It's going to transform your tablet into a powerful smart home control center, putting everything you need right at your fingertips.

▶▶  Innovative Dashboard◀◀

☑ Smart Home Center

Have quick access to all your devices on the Home page to turn/off devices or check device status.

☑ System Control

Categorize your devices into different systems, such as lighting and environmental control. This allows you to conveniently control all devices within a system with one tap. 

▶▶ Big Screen Experience ◀◀

☑ Camera Monitoring

• Full-Screen Layout: Unlock the benefits of a bigger screen to better check the Live View, Playback, and Download pages.
  • Multi-Cam Live View: Effortlessly monitor 1, 4, 6, or 9 cameras simultaneously, providing a comprehensive view of your surroundings.

☑ Robot Vacuum Map

• Quick Cleaning: Go to your map by tapping the bottom tab and start cleaning.
  • Quickly Check Cleaning Progress: Check the current cleaning progress by tapping the bottom tab.

▶▶ Strong Compatibility ◀◀

Seamlessly adapts to various Pad sizes, ensuring optimal display and functionality. Easily switch between the landscape and portrait modes to adjust to your preference.

▶▶ More to Explore ◀◀

We will continue to launch new features during the beta test, such as customizing card sizes on the Home page and other new features to the dashboard. Please stay tuned.

When will Tapo for pad app be officially released?

The release date has not yet been determined. It is known that there will be an early access test before the official release, and you can apply for early access through TP-Link Smart Home community, here in this article.

The schedule for the early access has also not been determined. You can submit your application now, and once testing begins, you will be notified via email immediately. At that time, this article will also be updated with relevant information.

How do I sign up for early access to Tapo for pad App?

Submit a request to @Wayne-TP via private message in the following format and information. 

[Early Access Request] Tapo for Pad + Your Forum Nickname

1. Your Contact Email Address

2. What type of Tapo devices do you own? How many?

3. Are you an Android or iOS user?

4. Which country/region are you from?

5. What device do you primarily use the Tapo App on, mobile phone or tablet? How many devices are logged into the Tapo App at the same time?

6. What is your main reason for wanting to take part in this early access?

Notes

• The beta version will replace the official app.
  • You can retrieve the official version from the App Store or Google Play if you are not satisfied with the beta. Your feedback is invaluable. We’d love to hear it!
  • If there are any updates to the app during the beta test, we will let you know via push notifications.
  • While trying the beta, you will not be able to subscribe to a new Tapo Care Plan. You can continue your subscription when the official app is released. Already subscribed users will not be affected.
Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.

Comment

@Wayne-TP 
Hi!
I wonder if there is 3D Dashboard? Like the image below (from TP-Link website):

That looks so cool, and if so, will this feature available on phone devices?

@NguyenKhoi 

The 3D dashboard is not available in the early beta stage, probably will be added in the subsequent beta versions. Or, it might be introduced until the production version.

At the moment, we don't know whether this will be supported on phone devices. Initial design is for pad devices.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.

Hello, I registered for the beta version a few weeks ago. Now i have received my iPad that I want to use for this. But when I install the tapo app I get tapo 3.0 version and not the beta version. Is there anything I can do myself to install the beta version on my iPad?

Hello, I registered for the beta version a few weeks ago. Now i have received my iPad that I want to use for this. But when I install the tapo app I get tapo 3.0 version and not the beta version. Is there anything I can do myself to install the beta version on my iPad?

@The_chosen_one The test has not yet begun. If there are any updates, the content of this article will be updated accordingly, so you can keep an eye on it.

By the way, did you submit the test application in the community? It seems I didn't receive any PM from you.

upload
    upload
      Subscriptions