Deconnections / drops, and occasional wi-fi slowdowns

2024-05-10 14:19:29
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: Archer VR600(EU)_V3_230809

For the past months, (following possibly the latest firmware update?a guess.. ) I've been having major issues, sometimes multiple times per day. 

The connection is dropped. Sometimes the modem seems to have been rebooted or lost power by itself. 

Other times, the connection seems to just drop and the model is re-initializing the connection. 

I was initially blaming my ISP but I recently changed the modem-router and used the one they provide... and tada-problems solved.

Considering i invested quite a bit of money (200+ bucks) to get the VR600 together with the powerline extender kit, I would be keen to fix the issue.

It's naturally a hard problem to reproduce and debug, as it does not happen consistently. But I'd be open to trying out anything because my only alternative now is to trash it (and never really go near TP Link)

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deconnections / drops, and occasional wi-fi slowdowns
2024-05-11 04:42:39 - last edited 2024-05-11 09:46:23

@GeorgeKK 

Hi, thanks for posting question on our community. 

It is suggested to follow the FAQ to check whether the DSL LED is on/off and the wired/wireless connection problem.

What should I do if Internet connection on my TP-Link DSL modem is unstable?

As your current firmware should be the latest, if the VR600 is EU version, you may consider downgrade the firmware to the previous one. The method is the same as upgrading firmware manually (local upgrade).

Archer VR600(EU)_V3_1.5.0 Build 220518

Options
2024-05-11 05:20:14

@Marvin_S the faq link you shared is a 404 / broken. 

Options
2024-05-11 09:46:57

@GeorgeKK 

Sorry, you may click on the link above again.

Options
2024-05-11 21:03:14

@Marvin_S quick question, any clue if there's new firmware landing in the timeline? I'm not a fan of reverting to an older one - although I'd do it just to try.

Options
2 weeks ago

Have you tried reaching out to the manufacturer's support for assistance or forbiddenpants? They might have some insights or solutions to help fix the issue with your VR600 setup.

Options