Remote logging from Omada Controller to Synology NAS issues

2024-05-17 20:27:18 - last edited 2024-05-21 02:50:49
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I'm trying to get the Omada conroller sends the logs to remote syslog server on Synology NAS (Log Center).

I went through the setup steps and it sends some sort of data but in is not parsed correctly. 

On Synology side I have 3 options for formating: IETF, BSD and Custom.

Neither BSD nor IETF does parse the logs corretly and I'm not sure what is the csutom rule I need to use to get the logs correctly parsed and viewed on my Log Center syslog server?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Remote logging from Omada Controller to Synology NAS issues-Solution
2024-05-21 02:50:41 - last edited 2024-05-21 02:50:49

Hi @KPejman 

Sorry.

In details, tp-link controller only supports formats based on RFC5424 like IETF-SYSLOG. It does not support BSD-STYLE and IETF-SYSLOG(RFC3164)

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Remote logging from Omada Controller to Synology NAS issues
2024-05-20 02:40:51

Hi  @KPejman 

All software meet Syslog protocol will be ok. 

KPejman wrote

Hi,

I'm trying to get the Omada conroller sends the logs to remote syslog server on Synology NAS (Log Center).

I went through the setup steps and it sends some sort of data but in is not parsed correctly. 

On Synology side I have 3 options for formating: IETF, BSD and Custom.

Neither BSD nor IETF does parse the logs corretly and I'm not sure what is the csutom rule I need to use to get the logs correctly parsed and viewed on my Log Center syslog server?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Remote logging from Omada Controller to Synology NAS issues
2024-05-20 15:31:36

@Fae I'm not sure I understand your answer. 

there are different protocols and each parsing the logs differently. neither of those 2 protocols are parsing the logs properly and the data is not shown properly. 

Options
Re:Remote logging from Omada Controller to Synology NAS issues-Solution
2024-05-21 02:50:41 - last edited 2024-05-21 02:50:49

Hi @KPejman 

Sorry.

In details, tp-link controller only supports formats based on RFC5424 like IETF-SYSLOG. It does not support BSD-STYLE and IETF-SYSLOG(RFC3164)

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 168

Replies: 3

Related Articles