CPE 210 Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

CPE 210 Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
CPE 210 Setup
CPE 210 Setup
2021-10-27 19:10:02 - last edited 2021-10-27 20:48:42
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I'm setting up two CPE 210 units to connect my house to our barn. I've got some some "beginner" questions regarding network configs & subnets:

- For the house unit, does it need to be connected to my router via ethernet? The install guide doesn't say much of anything about how these units talk to your router. And I don't think the router "sees" them.

- For the barn unit: can I use the ethernet port (via PoE) to connect an ethernet-only device that needs internet access? Previously i was using a LinkSys WET54G Wireless Bridge to connect a solar data collection device (no wifi; ethernet-only).

If so, do I need to change that device's network config (IP, router, etc.), or can it keep its current config (same subnet as my house router)

Or must I put in a router/access point (which I will do shortly) with ethernet ports first to connect this device to the internet?

- Once an access point is connected to the CPE-generated wifi network in the barn, can I set it up to use my home's Guest Wifi network?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 152

Replies: 0

Related Articles