Stuck in starting up

Stuck in starting up

Stuck in starting up
Stuck in starting up
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

One of my units was interrupted during the firmware update and is now stuck in starting up mode. What can I do? I've tried pressing reset. I've tried leaving it unplugged for 24 hours and then plugging it back in but it's stuck on solid yellow. Is there any way of restarting it?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Stuck in starting up-Solution

@David-TP 

I understand now. I'm OK-ish with computers but no expert. Anyway, I managed to link the dead Deco with the ethernet cable to my Mac. Set the IP address. Open the upgrade page and complete the upgrade. And it all now works.

Thank you very much for your help.

J

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Stuck in starting up
2 weeks ago

@OJS63 

Hi, May I know how long you have had Deco E4?

It is also suggested to refer to this link to check whether Deco E4 could get into firmware recovery mode:

How to use firmware recovery if the Deco become brick

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2 weeks ago

@David-TP 

I bought it in July 2019. Worked well since then.

I only have an apple computer(s). Will the firmware reboot work with that? It all specifically mentions Windows.

Options
2 weeks ago

@OJS63 

Hi, the HTTP Uboot Method works on Mac OS as well.

If Deco E4 couldn't get into firmware recovery mode after long-holding the reset pinhole, I'm afraid its hardware was broken and you might need to purchase a new Deco unit.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2 weeks ago

@David-TP 

Sounds like it's broken then, but I will give it a try. Can you please send me a link to the firmware which works on Mac OS. The only one I can find won't open ("file type unsupported")

J

Options
2 weeks ago

@OJS63 

Hi, Do you mean the bin.file inside the zip folder?

We don't need to open this file and during the firmware upgrade, we only need to upload the complete bin.file into the web UI of Deco E4.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Stuck in starting up-Solution

@David-TP 

I understand now. I'm OK-ish with computers but no expert. Anyway, I managed to link the dead Deco with the ethernet cable to my Mac. Set the IP address. Open the upgrade page and complete the upgrade. And it all now works.

Thank you very much for your help.

J

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 131

Replies: 6

Related Articles