Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for Deco APP

2024-05-07 07:22:36 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Over the past few days, some users have received a push notification in the Deco APP prompting to enable Two-Step Verification. Just as you have expected, Deco APP will support Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) soon, which offers a number of benefits over conventional login techniques. It greatly enhances the overall security of user accounts by adding a layer of protection to reduce the possibility of password breaches.

Later in this post, more details will be discussed about Two-Step Verification in the Deco APP.

How can I receive the prompting notification of Two-Step Verification?

Currently, a select group of Deco users will receive the notification first, then it will be rolled out gradually to all users. 
So simply ensure that both your Deco APP version and the product firmware are up-to-date, and then wait for  the forthcoming good news.

How to Turn on/off Two-Step Verification?

Please go to "三"→ "View Account" → "Login Security" to find the new Two-Factor Settings. After first enabling the feature, you will then be asked to verify your email address and confirm your trusted device.

image-20240429174920-13,20240430004920a

For step-by-step instruction, please refer to How to turn on Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) in Deco app

Two Methods for Receiving Authentication Codes

After enabling two-factor authentication, you will be asked to provide a 6-digit code whenever you log in from a new or untrusted device through,

• Deco App Notification Delivered to Trusted Devices

• Email Notification with Code

Frequently Asked Questions

Q1. What should I do if I didn’t receive the code in the Deco app?

1) Enable Notification permission for Deco APP on App Settings->Notifications page.

2) Tap ‘Resend’ to resend verification code.

3) Ensure sure your phone is connected to the internet.

4) Ensure that your Deco APP is up to date and is able to receive other notifications.

5) Tap ‘Did not receive a code?’ on the bottom > Receive Code via Email> tap Send Code

Q2. What should I do if I don’t receive the code via email?

1) Check your Spam or Junk folder.

2) Ensure that you are using the correct email account. Go to Deco APP→Tap "三"→ "View Account" to verify the email address.

3) Add TP-Link email address ' no-reply@email.tp-link.com ' into Whitelisted email senders or Safe Senders as this FAQ

4) Ensure your phone is connected to the internet and your Deco App is up to date.

Feedback

Please feel free to comment below if you have any other questions.

Related Articles

Deco APP Release Note

Options
15 Reply
Re:Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for Deco APP
2024-05-07 14:03:39

@David-TP app not available for this.

Sayeem Ahmed
Options
2024-05-08 01:54:05

@SayeemAhmed 

Hi, It does not entirely depend on the latest Deco APP. I think your TP-Link email ID hasn't been included in the push notification list yet.

My own ID did not receive the Two-Step Verification notification either, and I only saw it on the technical support public account.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-05-14 14:18:03

@David-TP Received it today & enabled.

Have to say, the "enter verification code" window is very touch sensitive. I just scrolled down to see the code (from my email)  & the window disappeared.

I ended up asking for it again.

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2024-05-15 01:17:40

@ImtiazAli 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

"very touch sensitive"

-Are you referring to the duration of the "enter verification code" window being too short to locate the code, or does the window disappear when you navigate away from the current page to check the code elsewhere?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-05-18 04:24:34

@David-TP I didn't "navigate away" from the current page, I just swiped down to open the notification tray/drawer to see the code, and the window was gone

Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP 

Options
3 weeks ago

@Moh1991moh Why are you just mentioning the guy without saying anything lol

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@David-TP 

With the update of the app to version 3.7.54 (android) the function disappeared! Why? I have already set up the MFA. Does it work now or not? Please fix it quickly.

Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP After updating to Deco app version 3.7.54 (Android), the option disappeared, like @Chris78  said

Options
3 weeks ago

@ImtiazAli 

@Chris78 

Thank you very much for the feedback.

I tested two ID accounts and both have "Two-Step Verification" under Account>Login Security on the 3.7.54 Android version.

But since they are both public support email accounts, the 2FA has never been enabled before(not sure whether it is related.)

Could you please help me submit the Deco APP log here?

How to submit Deco APP log

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options