Unstable AX55 with huge latency issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-15 21:04:11 - last edited 2022-09-20 17:27:46
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20220428 rel.64552

Hi there, 

I think that my first issue with the new AX55 that I reported here was solved with the firmware updates. 

However, another issue started and the nightmare with the router continued, and I didn't want to post anything until I have more data. 

So the connection setup is the bridge mode on the IPS provider modem where the main router is AX55. 

The connection has a link 100/of 50mbps. 

All speed tests that I do are more or less fine. Up around 700, down 50 always, ping 8-11ms. 
However, the issue is with latency, and I didn't know how to check until I start using Google Hangouts for my online calls. 
In this tool, there is CPU, and latency issues showing immediately in case there is any issue. 

And the issue is the following: 

This happens ONLY on AX55.
When I remove AX55, and when I use ISP's router only, no issues like this happen.
When I have these latency issues, I immediately do speed test, and there is no speed drop or huge ping.

There was no pattern I could find when this happens and why. I only notice the orange light on the router, but only sometimes, when this issue appears. 
It means bad connection at that moment, but again, on just ISP's router, this issue doesn't happen. 

I KNOW that there is no magic trick and probably in the future there will be a firmware updates that will automagically fix it. 
BUT I want to ask if there is anything that I can try to do, it will be much appreciated! 

I attached syslog in case. 

THANK YOU!

File:
syslog-2022-08-15.zipDownload
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unstable AX55 with huge latency issues-Solution
2022-08-17 02:41:26 - last edited 2022-09-20 17:27:46

@Ivky 

If the issue persists, please try to install the beta firmware we provided previously in the following thread to resolve the disconnecting issue in some networks:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/542920?replyId=1109886

Please let me know if this helps. Thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Unstable AX55 with huge latency issues
2022-08-16 06:39:59

Hello @Ivky 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Glad to hear that the initial issue was resolved via a new firmware update.

Are you connecting to the 5G network or 2.4G when you experience the latency? If the internet LED turns orange, there might be some dropouts between the AX55 and the ISP modem or internet.

BTW, who is your ISP? You can login to the AX55 web interface page and change the internet DNS settings to some third parties, then monitor if there is latency. You can try Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, or Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1.

Options
2022-08-16 08:29:07

@Kevin_Z thanks for the reply. 

I'm connected to 5G network. 

ISP is Vodafone, and I'm using their modem: https://www.vodafone.cz/pece/internet-data/kabelovy-internet/vodafone-station-tg3442/

I switched to  Cloudflare's DNS immediately when I did the initial setup. 
I can maybe try with 8.8.4.4, since it's not that popular, if you think it will help. 

Options
Re:Unstable AX55 with huge latency issues-Solution
2022-08-17 02:41:26 - last edited 2022-09-20 17:27:46

@Ivky 

If the issue persists, please try to install the beta firmware we provided previously in the following thread to resolve the disconnecting issue in some networks:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/542920?replyId=1109886

Please let me know if this helps. Thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-09-20 17:27:16

It's been around 3 weeks since I'm using the beta firmware as suggested. It looks like it's working, and it's working very well since all my issues didn't repeat in the last 3 weeks even once. I hope the official firmware update will be even better. 

Options
2022-09-22 02:27:16

@Ivky 

Thank you very much for the update and it's great to know the issue gets resolved with the beta firmware.

Actually, there is an official firmware released in Aus, which has included all the fixes, please check for updates on your router web GUI or download it from the local website.

I have also updated my previous post already, please check:

Solution - Archer AX55 internet keeps dropping

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 527

Replies: 5

Related Articles