Device cannot connect to AX55

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-01 10:37:51
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 Build 20220120 rel.74083(4555)

Hi all, 

I have an issue with AX55 that I just installed 2 weeks ago. 

The issue happened 3-4 times already. 

Situation: 

I have 3 computers connected to WiFi normally and everything works fine. 

Another computer is just to be connected to the same WiFi - it fails. It just cannot connect. 
I check my mobile and I see that I cannot connect either with my mobile device. 

I want to access 192.168.0.1 from one of the computers that is connected and for which the internet works just fine - it fails! The page just keeps loading. 

Problem: 

Device cannot connect to the SSID that already serves normally 3 different devices happened a few times already. 

Note: 
I didn't change any default settings on the router. Firmware is updated to the latest version. 
OS version is not a problem (it's updated on all devices to the latest version) since the same problem is for mobile devices (1 iOS and 2 Android phones).

The problem is the same even if I reset the computer. 
The only solution is to reset the router itself. The worst is it needs to be reset on the device since the router management page cannot open. 

Question

Is there anything I can try to change on the router, so this stops from happening? 
I don't like resetting the router every few days just to be able to connect all devices in my home. 

Thank you. 

Options
7 Reply
Re:Device cannot connect to AX55
2022-05-04 18:10:59

Refreshing this one, so that maybe someone will have some suggestions. Thanks! 

Options
2022-05-06 11:20:48

Hello @Ivky 

Can you confirm if you disconnect one of the 3 computers that are connected to the wireless network already, then connect the other computer or mobile to the wireless to check if it can connect. BTW, which wireless network the computer or mobile tries to connect? If you are using the same settings for both 2.4G and 5G now, please try disabling Smart Connect on the router, then create different 2.4G and 5G network SSIDs, check again if these devices can connect simultaneously.

When the devices failed to access the router web GUI, are you able to ping the router IP? What if you try to access it via the login domain, which is tplinkwifi.net? Please check if any of the troubleshooting suggestions will help:

What should I do if I can’t log into web-based interface of my TP-Link device?

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-05-15 11:13:33

For history, I want to update this thread.

The issue where devices cannot connect to the router is the same on both modes (smart connect enabled and disabled). The devices can connect only after the router restart.

The issue with the router management interface, not loading is still appearing at least once per week. I wish I don't need to access it at all, once I set up the router. 

This router is far away from providing value for the money. Huge disappointment. 

The solution for the problem: set up recurring daily router reboots. In my case every day 6am. 
You can do it from the settings of the router. This improves the situation slightly. 

Options
2022-05-16 11:54:18

@Ivky 

Thank you for the update. Can I confirm again how many devices are connected to the AX55 in total when the issue happens? Do the specific devices fail to connect to the wifi and it requires a router reboot? Or the issue happens randomly on different devices?

Please follow the guide below to modify the wireless settings on the AX55, such as channel and channels width for both 2.4G and 5G networks, then monitor the connectivity again:

Troubleshooting: Unstable wireless connection on TP-Link router

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-05-16 12:03:05 - last edited 2022-05-16 12:05:51

Hi, 

Thanks for the follow-up. 

Connected devices at most are 8 of them: 

- 4 laptops

- 1 desktop PC

- 3 mobiles

The issue happens randomly, sometimes when all of them are connected and sometimes when it's only 2-3 devices.

No specific device is having an issue. The issue is again very random and not reproducible. Scheduled rebooting seems to help. 

What is still strange and what I cannot figure out why, is that I cannot open manamnet GUI when this issue is happening. 

It gives time out on the browser and it's not loading on Tether mobile application. Like router doesn't work at all, but it does for some devices that are already connected. 

Options
2022-05-16 12:19:07

@Ivky 

When you failed to access the router via its web GUI, are you able to ping the router IP, which is by default 192.168.0.1? You can also check if the device that you are trying to access the router is still getting a valid IP address from the router, below is the guide to check the IP address on a computer:

How to check if the TCP/IP properties are correct on my computer when it’s connected to my TP-Link router

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I will forward your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up. Thank you.

Options
2022-05-16 21:26:16

I didn't try to ping the router IP. I will try it next time this happens. 
Thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 703

Replies: 7

Related Articles