Archer MR500 regular internet disconnection

2023-04-10 09:40:14 - last edited 2023-10-16 01:23:37
Model: Archer MR500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 220818 Rel.69350n

Just bought an AC1200 / Archer MR500 LTE router, and put an EE sim card in it. The router doesn't last 12 hrs before internet disconnects. This has happened every day since I've had the router, which is nearly a week now. 

I've tried various settings, nothing seems to work. I've searched the forum, can't find anything of help - but apologies if this has already been covered. 

When internet is lost, I can connect to the internal web server on 192.168.1.1 and look at the settings, and get the log file. Looking at the log file around the time when I think I lost internet, I see this message:

2023-04-10 08:08:54 [6] 4G: ERROR: The PS registration state parse error.

No idea what it means. 

Some screenshots of it in the failed state:

Can't seem to upload the log file but can paste parts of it in if it would be helpful. 

Any help appreciated!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer MR500 regular internet disconnection-Solution
2023-08-31 07:31:24 - last edited 2024-01-04 02:09:43

@McNerd 

Hi All,

Regarding MR500(EU) V1 LTE disconnecting issue, please refer to this thread: Unstable LTE Connection with Archer MR500 and MR550

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
93 Reply
Re:Archer MR500 regular internet disconnection
2023-04-11 05:44:48

@KarlZ 

Hi, when the issue happens, will it recover automatically after a while? Or you have to restart the MR500 to get internet again?

You mentioned that you've tried various settings, how about manually selecting 4G band? 

Besides, do you have any old 4G router available for comparison? If so, please insert the same EE SIM card into the old 4G router at the same location to see if it has any similar issue.

After confirming the above details, if the problem still exists only on the MR500, please email support.forum@tp-link.com with subject "【 Forum ID 605538】 Archer MR500 regular internet disconnection" and provide the system logs when problem happens.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-04-11 18:58:01

@Sunshine 

Thanks for your reply!

I have to reboot the MR500 to get internet again.

I will try selecting 4G manually and get back to you. 

I don't have another router to try unfortunately, so selecting 4G manually is my last resort before contacting support. 

Many thanks again!

Options
2023-04-16 17:33:14

@Sunshine I tried selecting 4G only, and this has improved matters. Now it works longer before it disconnects. But it does still disconnect. ONly this time, it thinks it has an internet connection. But no devices get internet.

I am using an external LTE aerial. If I unplug this aerial, then plug it back in, I can create the fault. So it seems that if it looses a 4G connection, it doesn't recover. 

Options
2023-04-17 03:25:18

@KarlZ 

Hi, you mean network mode is now on 4G only, right? Did you try to change Band from Auto to Manual to search and select 4G band manually?

Besides, you mentioned that you are using an external LTE aerial, both LTE aerials are replaced with your own aerials, right? If you use the original aerials, try to remove them and install again, will you also be able to create the fault?

Options
2023-04-17 19:18:38

@Sunshine 

network mode = 4G only

Manually selected the bands linked to EE UK

I actually found I could recreate the fault by unplugging the external LTE aerials and plugging in the internal aerials supplied with the router. When I plug the external aerial back in, the router looses connection. 

My external LTE aerial is a dual antenna so connects to both SMA ports on the router. There is not enough signal strength to use the internal antenna supplied with the router. So there seems to be an issue when the router looses a 4G signal. 

Additionally, when I selected 4G only network mode, the router again lost internet connection although two signal strength bars were indicated on the LEDs. I had to restart it then.

Options
2023-04-18 06:21:49

@KarlZ 

Hi, we have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Options
2023-04-18 07:40:35

@Sunshine 

Thankyou very much for your help. I have had an email from support so hopefully this should be resolved. 

Karl.

Options
2023-06-08 12:43:03 - last edited 2023-06-08 12:50:00

@KarlZ Hi, did you get a resolution to this problem? I have the exact same issue, get disconnected roughly every day or so. Have tried setting to 4G only and selecting bands manually but still disconnects roughly every day then won't reconnect until I reboot the router. Thanks in advance.

Options
2023-06-12 21:15:26

@PaulyD Hiya I had a remote session with the TP-Link Support, and they downloaded some beta firmware into it to create a extended log file. Tried to r-create the fault by disconnecting aerials and reconnecting them, but the fault didn't show. Since they downloaded the beta firmware the router hasn't locked up nearly as much. But it still does it occasionally. So maybe there was something corrupt in the original firmware...

Hope you get yours resolved.

Options
2023-06-22 08:11:04

@Sunshine, I have the same problem. I configured the network manually (vodafone) and also the bands, the network mode is "4G preferred" but the router each day or two days losses the connection and I have to reboot.

There are any bugs with the firmware?

Thanks in advance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 16733

Replies: 93

Related Articles