Connected but no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-11 13:23:42 - last edited 2023-08-15 08:35:27
Tags: #no internet
Model: TL-MR100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6.0.0.9.1 build 221011 rel.71875n

Hello,

I've just bought a new 4G LTE routeur (my old one, another brand, is death).

I use a sim card that was working before.

When i go to the admin interface, the routeur say that I am connected. When I use the diagnostic tools, it say that everything is "pass".
But I have no internet for any device connected to the routeur.
When I go to Firmware upgrade, I have "internet is unavailable".

I have upgrade to the latest firmware and update the last ISP list.
I have change manually the APN specifications.
The roaming option is checked.
The SIM card is working well on other devices.

I am not able to have internet.

Do you have an idea ?

Regards,

Nicolas

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Connected but no internet-Solution
2023-08-14 15:00:13 - last edited 2023-08-15 08:35:27

@aldente 

It's ok now

Not sure of the solution, what I have done :

-> Use another sim card with the "Sosh" opérator. This one give me the APN name "Orange World". (I keep this web page open)
-> Change the sim card from "Sosh" to "Sosh Caraibes"
-> Open a new browser to login but keep the first web page open too.
-> Use the already opened web page with the "Sosh" configuration that have the name with space "Orange World" to post the configuration
-> Change the IPV4/IPV6 to IPV4

And now is working.

Thanks again and have a good day

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Connected but no internet
2023-08-14 02:32:12

@aldente 

Hi, may I know who your ISP is? You mentioned that the SIM card works fine on other device, may I know if it was tested on another 4G router or smartphone?

If it was tested on smartphones, please enable hotspot on the smartphone, then connect another device to the phone hotspot to see if internet also works.

In addition, please share with us screenshots of Advanced->Status page, and Advanced->Network->Internet page along with system log file.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-14 13:40:45 - last edited 2023-08-14 14:18:06

Hello Sunshine and thanks you to help me,

My ISP is Sosh, a french low cost provider that own to Orange and use the same APN than Orange.

Yes this Sim card was used, last week, with another router (a Tenda, portable 4G Wifi access point), and before I was using it with a smart Phone.
Internet is working with smartphone and tethering.

Here you can find the snapshots : (note that I have create manualy an ISP to try maching the ISP in my smartphone).
The snapshot bellow is not showing an IPV4 adress, but in the IPV6 panel I have got an IP and DNS. To test Internet, I usually ping 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8.

ISP settings :

Status extract :

Have a very nice day.

Al

EDIT // aditionnal test and information.

The non working sim card is "Sosh Caraibes". I've tried with another provider "Sosh", and this one is working.
The differences are :
- I am able to get an IPV4 adress with the "Sosh" one, only V6 with the "Sosh Caraibes"
- The router 4G configuration wizard show me the good APN with the "Sosh" card, this APN name is "Orange World". With the "Sosh Caraibes" SIM, I am not able to get this preconfigured ISP, but it is this one I need.

The problem is maybe because, it's not allowed to use "spaces" in the APN name in the router interface, so I am not able to write it well.
I think the problem come from that.

So I think I know

Options
Re:Connected but no internet-Solution
2023-08-14 15:00:13 - last edited 2023-08-15 08:35:27

@aldente 

It's ok now

Not sure of the solution, what I have done :

-> Use another sim card with the "Sosh" opérator. This one give me the APN name "Orange World". (I keep this web page open)
-> Change the sim card from "Sosh" to "Sosh Caraibes"
-> Open a new browser to login but keep the first web page open too.
-> Use the already opened web page with the "Sosh" configuration that have the name with space "Orange World" to post the configuration
-> Change the IPV4/IPV6 to IPV4

And now is working.

Thanks again and have a good day

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-08-15 08:36:46

@aldente 

Thank you very much for the update, glad to hear that you've solved the problem finally.

By the way, the profile name will not affect the actual internet, you could give it any name you want, but the other parameters including PDP Type, APN type, APN etc. need to be correct.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-09-16 07:59:42

@aldente 

Hi Nicolas,

It seems like you've covered a lot of troubleshooting steps already. Have you tried restarting the router and reinserting the SIM card? Sometimes a simple reboot can solve connectivity issues. Also, double-check the APN  Reviews settings to ensure they are accurate. If the problem persists, reaching out to your ISP for assistance might be a good next step.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 638

Replies: 5

Tags

no internet
Related Articles