How to change TP-Link account email

3 weeks ago

I'm trying to change my TP-Link account email but I can't seem to find the option to do so. Why?

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to change TP-Link account email
3 weeks ago

@arktiknova  

Hi, thanks for posting the question on our community. 

To change the TP-Link ID bound to your TP-Link Router, you need to unbind the router from the previous TP-Link ID and then bind it to a new TP-Link ID. There are two methods to do this:

Method 1: Using the Tether App

1) Login to the Tether App with the previous TP-Link ID. Go to "More" and select "Manager."

2) Tap the three dots on the right side of your TP-Link ID, then tap "Unbind" to remove the router from the previous TP-Link ID.

3) After unbinding, log out of your account from the Tether App, and then Log in with your new email. If it's not a TP-Link ID yet, sign up with the new email.

4) Bind the router to your new TP-Link ID.

Method 2: Using the Web Interface

1) Login to the web interface of the router using the previous TP-Link ID.

2) Navigate to the "Advanced" menu and select "TP-Link ID" page.

3) Unbind the router from the previous TP-Link ID on the same page.

4) After unbinding, you can bind the router to your new TP-Link ID on the same page.

However, if you don't know which TP-Link ID the router was previously bound to and are unable to log in with the previous TP-Link ID to unbind it, please follow these steps:

1) Connect the router to the internet.

2) Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button until the power LED starts flashing.

3) Set up the router again and bind it to your TP-Link ID.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 100

Replies: 1

Related Articles