[Deco be85] - Issue after lastest update 1.0.16 - Regular signal lost on satellite

[Deco be85] - Issue after lastest update 1.0.16 - Regular signal lost on satellite

3 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Deco BE85  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.16

@David-TP 

Hello,

After latest update to firmware

from 10.0.15 to 10.0.16, I regularly lost signal on one satellite.

No issue before update, and nothing else was change

It-'s possible to fix this issue ?

Moving the satellite is not a solution for me.

Best regards

Matthias

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:[Deco be85] - Issue after lastest update 1.0.16 - Regular signal lost on satellite-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago

@Eschwin 

Yes, Deco BE85_V1 and V2 shared the same firmware download link.

Deco BE85_V1/V2_1.0.18_Build_20240409

Modifications and Bug Fixes:
1. Improved the stability of the system.
2. Added the IoT Network information on the web management interface.
3. Fixed the bug that the PPPoE connection failed to dial up after turning the IPTV VLAN feature.

Please let me know whether the 1.0.18 firmware helps with the current issue.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
18 Reply
Re:[Deco be85] - Issue after lastest update 1.0.16 - Regular signal lost on satellite
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hi, I have similiar issues with my two Deco BE85 (V1, 1.0.16) und one Deco BE65 (V1, 1.0.6).

My main Deco is the BE85 in router mode which is connected to my ISPs fiber modem. Both satellites are connected via ethernet backhaul (only CAT6, 7 or 8.1 cables are used).

The satellites randomly loose connection and are blinking red multiple times a day, which is very annoying. Most often it happens when my Pixel 8 phone is connecting from one satellite to another one but sometimes it just happens when no client is connecting. Unfortunately my NAS and other devices are connected to one of the satellites (BE85) via ethernet and also always loose internet connection ... In such cases, my main Deco is working normally and has a stable internet connection.

Another off-topic issue I have noticed with the newest firmware happens as soon as I activate QoS for some of my devices. This leads to some very strange issues like clients do not get a valid IPv4 address anymore or that my Wifi clients are limited to 100Mbps even if connected via Wifi-7 (which gives up to 1000Mbps without activating QoS).

Overall my experience with the newest firmware of my Decos is very bad: the whole system is very unstable (even with ethernet backhaul connection) und I would not recommend to buy a Deco device again in future.

I hope that they can fix the most common bugs with some firmware updates but if you look at the development of recent years and current posts in the forum, the focus seems to be more on pointless extra features to be paid for instead of stability or the implementation of important essential features (Wireguard support, 2FA, fixing WAN/LAN auto-sensing, etc.).

Options
Re:[Deco be85] - Issue after lastest update 1.0.16 - Regular signal lost on satellite
3 weeks ago

@Timb000 yes, same here. Some issues with last firmware update (unstable nodes, ethernet backhaul connectivity lost). With previous that was better.

Some regressions in this firmware...

And not much new (and promised) feature present...

Options
3 weeks ago

@Timb000 

Thank you very much for the feedback.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance. Please check whether you could receive my email later.

Best regards.

Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP 

I have exactly the same problem.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Eschwin 

@erreur404 

@Fr4p4d1ngu3 

Thank you very much for all your feedback. It has been reported to the senior engineers for further assistance. I will update the post as soon as the solution is ready.

In the meantime, can I have more details of your feedback, such as:

1. Are Deco BE85 units connected together via Ethernet cables or by WiFi?

• If via Ethernet cables/Backhaul, would there be a network switch in use? what is the model number of the switch?

2.How often did the satellite BE85 turn flashing red and drop out?

• Did the satellite Deco turn green automatically after a few seconds? or Do you need to reboot/restart the satellite Deco to temporarily restore the connection?

3. Have you seen any mobile devices that may have caused or coincided with the disconnection of satellite BE85?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

PS: Deco BE85_V1 could revert to 1.0.15 from 1.0.16 directly via web UI if needed.

Options

Hello @David-TP 

1. Are Deco BE85 units connected together via Ethernet cables or by WiFi?

• If via Ethernet cables/Backhaul, would there be a network switch in use? what is the model number of the switch?

Only wifi on the problematic satellite, no ethernet port is used on this

2.How often did the satellite BE85 turn flashing red and drop out?

• Did the satellite Deco turn green automatically after a few seconds? or Do you need to reboot/restart the satellite Deco to temporarily restore the connection?

That's depend, but around every 2 minutes,

The satellite alterne between red and green status, and the deco app on mobile says the satellite is not available when this one is red.

3. Have you seen any mobile devices that may have caused or coincided with the disconnection of satellite BE85?

No, this issue appear directly after the firmware update.

Regards

erreur404

Options
3 weeks ago

@erreur404 

Thanks for the update.

I have sent the latest beta 1..0.18 via Messages and could you please help me check whether it helps improve the stability issue?

By the way, did you eveer enable ECO mode on the 1.0.16?

Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP 

David, I don't enable eco mode.

I'll try this beta firmware this evening CEST time.

Regards

Matthias

Options

@David-TP 

Hello David,

The beta firmware correctly fix the issue.

No more lost signal or satellite disconnected.

Thanks ..

Regards

erreur404

Options
3 weeks ago

@erreur404 

Thank you very much for the update.yes

Will report to the engineers and hope they can release 1.0.18 as soon as possible.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 575

Replies: 18

Related Articles