Powerline has stopped working

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: TL-PA4010   TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Powerline has stopped working in my garden office. It was working for the first six months. 

Now it will pair in the house but when I move the extender to my garden office, less than 10m from my house, either the right lights come on but it's 'no internet, secured' on the wifi, or sometimes the wifi light will not come on. 

The ethernet connection also does not work. 

I'm cannot tell whether the firmware needs updating as the most recent date for the WPA4220 is prior to when I bought the extender, and there is no update for version 3 of the PA4010. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:Powerline has stopped working
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@ABale 

Hi, you may put the powerline extender into the same room where the powerline adapter TL-PA4010 locates, factory reset the powerline extender and pair them again. If the LEDs on both units are normal and internet works, then you may update the firmware follow this: How to update the firmware using tpPLC Utility (new logo)

Options
3 weeks ago

@Marvin_S thank you so much. That appears to have worked. Let's hope it stays that way. Much appreciated. 

Options
3 weeks ago

@ABale 

Welcome~ you may keep monitoring its performance.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Marvin_S unfortunately it's stopped again. And this time it won't work even when the adaptor and extender are in the same room. I'm going to leave them both unplugged and come back to it later. Bit at the end of my tether with this. 

Options
2 weeks ago

@ABale 

Sorry to hear that. It is suggested to follow this FAQ to troubleshoot: What can I do if I can't have Internet connection after connected to powerline adapter?

Options
2 weeks ago

@Marvin_S thank you. I will take a look and I appreciate you taking the time to reply. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 132

Replies: 6

Related Articles