Not sure how capable this is

2 weeks ago
Model: TD-W9960  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

How many devices can a TD-W9960 handle simultaneously? For some reason I can't connect to the WiFi network if it seems crowded and also it sometimes disconnects me for no reason all of the sudden having then to try reconnecting to the network.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Not sure how capable this is
2 weeks ago

@Sam_Maran 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

May I confirm how log you have used this TP-Link DSL modem router? And how many wireless clients do you have?

Is it all wireless clients disconnect from network, or only certain client acts such performance?

Usually. if wired connection is stable, only wireless connection drops, you may try to change the wireless channel and channel width:2.4GHz→20MHz+Channel 1/6/11;5GHz→40Mhz+channel 36/48.

Also, Make sure the firmware is up-to-date.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Marvin_S 

It's on auto now. This router has only 2.4Ghz .

Should I leave channel and channel width on auto? Or would it be better to change?

Options
2 weeks ago

@Sam_Maran 

Hi, you may change as suggested before. Aslo, make sure firmware is the latest.

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Half of the significance of this is realizing how a question has been asked of someone to know of something. “Mr. Continue Reading.There's a simple way to find out. Next time you feel certain that you can't do something, try replacing that thought with something   else. You don't have to convince yourself that you can do whatever it is, but try considering that it just might be possible. Then be curious to find out.Capable people are those who: know how to learn; are creative; have a high degree of self-efficacy; can apply competencies in novel as well as familiar situations; and can work well with other.noun,plural ca· pa ·bil ·i· ties. the quality of being capable; capacity; ability: His capability was unquestionable. the ability to undergo or be affected by a given treatment or action: the capability of glass in resisting heat.

Options
a week ago

If you can find the user manual or product page for your TD-W9960 router, it might specify the maximum recommended number of connected devices.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 56

Replies: 5

Related Articles