Not sure what it is

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Not sure what it is

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Not sure what it is
Not sure what it is
2014-10-21 05:59:44
Region : India

Model : TL-WN727N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have bought my wifi adapter model TL-WN727N ver:4.1 today as urgently needed to connect my old desktop computer to the internet. I don't have a working cd-rom. So instead of using the resource cd, I alternatively downloaded the driver and utility package from the Tp-link website and installed it on my computer. Now, the connection seems successful. Applications such as Skype and viber are working fine. But when I am trying to access any webpage, the browser returns with a blank page. I tried it on both IE and Mozilla Firefox but the result is the same. It was working fine when I last used an internet dongle to connect. This makes me have a hunch that the issue might be with the wifi adapter. Looking for urgent help. Thanks in advance.

PS. My system runs on windows 7.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Not sure what it is
2014-10-21 11:10:28
Can you ping 8.8.8.8 or ping google.com? Maybe it is DNS issue.
Try to manually change DNS to be 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for wireless network connection. Is it working now?
Options
2014-10-21 11:21:08
Hello Ada,
Thank you so much for the reply. But we have a bit of a problem here. I don't know how to do that ping thing. Nor do I know how to modify DNS. Could you please provide me the detailed method?

Thanks in advance!
Options
2014-10-21 12:18:39
Well, i just googled about ping test and i performed the test. Ping -t 8.8.8.8 in the command prompt window and the server returned with the message "request timed out". I even changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and alternate DNS to 8.8.4.4 but to no avail. The problem persits. Please help!!!
Options
2014-10-22 10:54:34
Any device connected to your router can access internet normally? Go to check the IP address, default gateway, DNS etc. and write them down.
On the Windows 7 one, try to remove network profile and reconnect. How about IP address, default...etc.?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 305

Replies: 4

Related Articles