KP-115 minimum power load?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-23 08:08:53

Is there a minimum load the KP-115 require to function properly? I assume there has to be some power load sense given it is capable of monitoring power loads connected to it.

Why I ask is a new KP-115 installed which has a new Chromecast connected to it was making a ticking noise which inturn caused the Chromecast to keep cycling. If I connected a different slightly heavier load the KP-115 worked fine. Connected the Chromecast back and it ticked and caused the Chromecast to cycle again....so it has something to do with the load. The Chromecast works flawlessly when connected directly to the power.

Options
1 Reply
Re:KP-115 minimum power load?
2022-07-25 05:52:56 - last edited 2022-07-25 05:54:06

Hello   @Fleetz 

Kasa smart plug only has a Max load, and there isn't a minimum power load required. 

• Ensure the firmware of your kasa device and the Kasa APP are both up to date. 
  • If you have a different kasa smart device, please try a different smart plug or another KP115 of the same hardware version.  
  • Try to factory reset the KP115 to factory default state, and plug Chromecast device directly to the smart device and see if Kp115 do the power cycle? 
  • How to reset TP-Link Kasa smart switch and plug
  • Try a different device plug into KP115 and observe the plug behavior for a certain time 

If still the same, can I have a photo of the model of your Chromecast device? What is the wattage of that smart device? 

Can you help  describe the Led status when you connect Chromecast device to it? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 132

Replies: 1

Related Articles