Votes

Tapo app more camera modes needed

Votes

2023-12-01 20:41:31 - last edited 2023-12-04 09:42:23

So we have 2 modes: home and away, that can change all at once all cameras. What if I need a new mode, like "sleeping" when cameras downstairs need to be on detecting mode.

Home mode - outside cameras on detecting mode, indoor cameras on detecting off

Away mode - all cameras on detecting mode

Sleeping mode - outside cameras on detecting mode, indoor cameras, some on privacy and some on detecting mode.

And other combinations. Why can't we add new mode and switch between them as needed?

Options
9 Reply
Re:Tapo app more camera modes needed
2023-12-01 21:53:37 - last edited 2023-12-04 09:41:55

I do not want to go each time I need something through ALL these settings, I just need a few more customizable modes, not only home and away. Or in automation, made accesibles more, not just privacy mode.

Options
2023-12-04 09:41:42 - last edited 2023-12-04 09:41:55

@dutchsnowden 

Hello, 
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
I moved this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Tapo)' area for better visibility, and if other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.
Best Regards

Options
2023-12-04 11:15:33

I think this is a very important feature to have. I am finding myself always while at home, activating and deactivating motion detection and things in parts of the home that I am not in. Even when I only want to watch pet movements. Some new configurable modes, or shortcuts to allow automation, would mean everything to my usage case. And somehow I believe this would be important for many other users.

Options
RE:Tapo app more camera modes needed
2023-12-05 05:33:59
Yes
Options
2023-12-05 20:15:27
More customisable modes than just home or away would be nice.
Options
2024-02-26 08:32:33

I can see the topic is some months old. But I'll jump in and wote for excactly the same !

I come from Arlo where you can set as much modes as you want.

I need at least one more mode also..... 

Fx when we're in the garden, we don't need the camera out there to record everything and give me notifications constantly. But at the same time I want the cameras by the front of the house to record and notify me.....

Options
2024-02-26 08:33:39
More modes please ;-)
Options
2024-03-20 13:10:54
Having additional modes would be very useful
Options
2 weeks ago

@Solla-topee I agree. We need more customizable modes. Home and Away are not sufficient

Options

Information

Helpful: 9

Views: 525

Replies: 9

Voters 9

+ 5 Voters