First "Matter" Smart Bulb Tapo L535E/B (EU) RGBW High Lumens
First "Matter" Smart Bulb Tapo L535E/B (EU) RGBW High Lumens
2023-12-05 09:37:07 - last edited a week ago
Model: Tapo L535B   Tapo L535E  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

First "Matter" Smart Bulb Tapo L535 RGBW High Lumens

What is Matter?

Matter, a unified open-source connectivity standard for IoT devices, allows one app to control all supported devices. With Matter, you can use any preferred app as the "admin" to access, manage, and control your gadgets. Also, you can feel free to choose any voice assistant to control your Matter products whether it be Google Home Assistant, Amazon Alexa, or Siri of Apple.

Extra Bright 1055-Lumen Light

Breaking away from traditional smart color bulbs, this new bulb delivers an impressive 1055 lumens of brightness.

The clear, high-intensity light brightens your space with the illumination it deserves.

Multicolor

Dimmable

Tunable White

Auto White

Automatically adjusts the color temperature to match natural lighting from dawn to dusk, ideal for restful sleep, gentle morning wakeup, and just-right indoor illumination.

Up to 87% Energy Saving

Smarter with Sensors

"Turn On the hallway light"

When

"Bedroom Sensor Movement Detected"

Smart Motion Sensor  Tapo T100

"Turn On Living Room Light to 100% Blue"

When

"Front door Sensor Opened More Than One Minute"

Smart Contact Sensor  Tapo T110

"Turn On Living Room Light to 100% Red"

When

"Bathroom tub Water Leak Detected"

Tapo Smart Water Leak Sensor  T300

Explore More?

What is Tapo Smart Action & What Can I Do with Tapo Smart Action

Unlock the next level of home automation in Smart Action 2.0

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
7 Reply
Re:First "Matter" Smart Bulb Tapo L535(E/B) RGBW High Lumens
2023-12-19 16:24:35

@Wayne-TP Do we know when these will be available on the market?

Options
2023-12-21 03:07:02

@selar123 

Device availability varies by region and country. As of my last check, it is now available in the United States.

To determine whether a specific model will be released in your country, please ensure it's listed on the official TP-Link website for your region before checking online shopping platforms. Where To Buy

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago

Got a L535E in Europe, came from Germany, imagine the surprise when seeing that it is CRI 80 and 1055 lumens instead of CRI 90 and 1100 lumens as advertised everywhere by Tapo.

I would not mind the specs if it wasn't for the greenish / yellowish tint of the daylight white, which I guess is a result of using the same LEDs of the old L530 which was CRI 80 too.

Why is the European model downgraded?

Edit: @Wayne-TP  I see someone silently edited the first post to remove any reference to the CRI 90 spec as well as changed the original 1100 lumens to 1055. Is this a confirmation that the L535E has been indeed downgraded since launch?

Options
a week ago

@mocelet 

Thank you for the feedback. The previous information was based on the specifications of the US version. It is been updated to reflect the specifications of the EU version.

We're the TP-Link global community (EN site), there is another US site for US users.

Product design and development consider various factors, including market demand, legal requirements, hardware materials, etc. As a result, differences in specifications between devices of the same model in different regions are to be expected.

Options
a week ago

Thanks for the confirmation @Wayne-TP . From a consumer point of view it leads to wrong purchase decisions, especially when we consume information from all over the world.

I saw reviews of the Tapo L535E and they were very good, that's why I bought it. Even the Amazon listing mentioned a "higher CRI", although the number was not shown. Now I can't trust reviews of Tapo lighting products like bulbs or strips because that same model may be something completely different depending on where you buy it.

Options
a week ago

@mocelet 

Did you purchase from Amazon.de? The product spec of the Tapo L535E on the TP-Link DE site is 1055 lumens, CRI 80.

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Wayne-TP Got it from Amazon Spain but had the TP-Link Deutschland sticker. In the title you can see "1100 lúmenes" and in the description "(CRI) más alto" (higher CRI). The pictures however are correct, with the missing CRI information instead of the large CRI 90+ label (hiding the CRI information instead of advertising the CRI 80 is not a good practice either).

If even marketing teams get confused about the specs of a product, imagine how it can be from the user point of view! smiley

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 716

Replies: 7

Related Articles