Failed to add devices (Tapo Camera) to VIGI NVR

2024-01-02 14:16:37
Model: Tapo C500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.9

I have VIGI NVR for recording. After recent firmware update, my camera no longer able to connect to my NVR. Before the update everything is working fine.

NVR Model: VIGI NVR1008H(UN) 2.0
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 230609 Rel.43669n

Tapo Camera 1: Tapo C320WS
Firmware Version: 1.1.7

Tapo Camera 2: Tapo C500
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

Tapo Camera 3: Tapo C310
Firmware Version: 1.3.9

Tapo connection is mobile app works perfectly.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Failed to add devices (Tapo Camera) to VIGI NVR
2024-01-03 09:21:49

@KevinLiew 

Hi,
Thank you for the case report, and please help confirm the following information for the reported issue.

1. Please describe your network diagram, such as the Internet cable--wireless router--NVR, cameras, phones, etc.
What's the model number of your router?

2. Please check the IP address of your camera on its Device Settings>Device Info page, and test if the NVR can ping the C500 &C320WS's IP address successfully.

3. When connecting the C500 or C320WS to the NVR, which step are you stuck on, and what error message appears?

https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/kb/detail/582

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-03 10:15:13

@KevinLiew 

1. All camera connected via WIFI, NVR connected via LAN cable to router. Router: D-link RG WIFI6 AX3000 (Model No: DIR-X3060Z)

2. NVR could detect the device as C500 can be added but remain "Not connected", C320WS found in NVR's list of device(s) found but not able to add

3. After clicking the '+' for C320WS in the list of device(s) found, it will show "Failed to add". Same result when I use "Add Manually" with Protocol: ONVIF, Port: 2020.

Options
2024-01-03 10:32:41

@KevinLiew 
FYI

After select "Add in batches"

Options
2024-01-04 11:36:09

@KevinLiew 

Hi,
For the Tapo C500, please check its LED status and confirm whether you can control and manage it in the local and remote network with the Tapo app.
Please try to remove the C500 from the Tapo app to reset it, then reconfigure it and check if you can add it to the NVR if you don't mind.
Best Regards 

Options
2024-01-04 11:57:04

@KevinLiew 

I removed and reconfigured both devices. Now C500 also cannot be added and show the same error message like C320WS.

Options
2024-01-05 07:23:35

@KevinLiew 

Hi,
The tech team was made aware of your issue, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue the troubleshooting. Please check your email box and confirm.
Best Regards

Options
a week ago

@Solla-topee 

Same exact problem after recently updating the firmware!!! How can return to previous firmware? Everything works with older firmware!!! 8*tapo c320ws wifi connected vigi nvr with cable connected to router. 

Please advise 

Options
a week ago

@Konstantin0s 

Hi,
It's unable to downgrade the firmware and the new firmware supports RTSP/ONVIF protocol. In this situation, it's recommended to troubleshoot refer to the instructions below.
What can I do if fail to stream the Tapo camera via the RTSP/ONVIF protocol?

If the problem remains, please let me know the test results of the above steps.
And please try to change the camera account(username and password) on the Tapo app for one of your cameras, then check if it helps.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 413

Replies: 8

Related Articles