Do Tapo Hubs Make The Response Time Faster for Smart Actions?

2024-02-21 07:44:17
Model: Tapo C520WS   Tapo L530E   Tapo H100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So I have this simple automation:

When

Camera C520WS detects motion, line crossing or camera tampering... 

Then 

Light L530E will be ON for 30 secs. 

In my current setup, I do not have any Hub. 

A noticeable delay is observed whenever the event is triggered, light will be ON after around 4-5 secs.

My question is, if add Hub to my system, will it make the response time faster?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Do Tapo Hubs Make The Response Time Faster for Smart Actions?
2024-02-22 05:42:20

@Kartronics12 

Hi,
Adding a hub to the system won't make the response time faster since neither the camera nor the bulb will connect to the hub.
In this case, please check if your camera and the bulb obtain a strong signal strength from your router, and you can move them close to your router and check if the smart action response time will be faster.
Best Regards

Options
2024-02-28 08:42:33
Both camera and light bulb have pretty good RSSI. Still response time is playing between 2 to 5 secs, let's say.
Options
2024-02-28 10:49:08

@Kartronics12 

Hi,
Please help confirm the following information for the reported case for further analysis.
1. Please ensure the notification feature on the Tapo C520WS is enabled, and when the camera detects a motion, please record the time, date, and time zone when receiving the notification.
You can go to the Tapo app>Home tab>tap the Bell icon at the top right corner>click on your camera to see when you receive the notification.
2. On the Smart tab>History page, please find the corresponding smart action entry execution log and send me a picture of it.
3. On the camera and bulb's Device Settings>Device Info page, if you tap the Wi-Fi icon, you can see the signal strength value, please help confirm the detailed value.
Best Regards

Options