How to keep the main brush from getting clogged up all the time?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-01 00:26:57
Model: Tapo RV10Lite  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

This is not really a Tapo issue alone, any other vacuum we use has the same issue. 

We have 3 dogs, Border Collie mix, Aussie and Chihuahua all are long/medium haired. So lots of hair to vacuum up. 

I appreciate the brush as it is very easy to clean but it gets clogged up to the point where it gets stuck because the hair gets wrapped around the axle where it connects to the brush motor (see picture). That alone would not be the issue because it is easy to clean but if that happens in the middle of the cycle the robot vacuum will start over rather than continuing. 

How can I prevent that much wrapping?

cbec75de57eb4632a55ef07f98707819

Mike Technology enthusiast. Geek
Options
2 Reply
Re:How to keep the main brush from getting clogged up all the time?
2023-04-03 10:07:56 - last edited 2023-04-06 05:56:32

@mkostersitz 

Hi Mikes

It is best to regularly clean the hair off the main brush of your Tapo Robot, about once or twice a week. For families that have hairy pets, we recommend cleaning it more frequently before each cleaning.

Also, cleaning more often may help reduce the burden of collecting hair for the robot cleaner.  
Here is a relevant FAQ: What Should I do if the Main Brush of My Robot Vacuum Gets Stuck? 

While the heavy hairs can be a challenge for most robot vacuums in the market, as you own a big house plus more than one dogs, I recommend considering a Robot vacuum that has a higher suction power and larger battery capacity.e.g the Tapo RV30 series. 

[New Arrival] Tapo RV30/RV30 Plus: 4200 Pa Hyper Suction & LiDAR Quick Mapping Robot Vacuum (RV10&RV30 Comparison)

Hope this can provide some help. 

Options
Re:How to keep the main brush from getting clogged up all the time?
2023-04-05 15:41:45

@Solla-topee thanks for the reply. Yeah if I have to vacuum first to just let the robot go over the carpet again I can skip the robot, as much fun it is to watch it. I think I will return it because it is not suitable for what I need it for.

Mike Technology enthusiast. Geek
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 383

Replies: 2

Related Articles