BE65 Daisy Chain Setup - Problems with wireless devices connected to the middle deco

BE65 Daisy Chain Setup - Problems with wireless devices connected to the middle deco

2024-04-22 08:24:29
Model: Deco BE65  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.06

Hi,

I'm experiencing weird problems with my daisy chain setup of three BE65 decos.

I have setup the decos as Access Points. They are connected as a daisy chain (shown in the diagram below).

In this setup devices connected to the middle deco (BE65 @Bedroom) are having problems accessing internet and other local devices/servers. Devices connected to ethernet seem to be running fine. Everything else connected to the other decos or speed between the outer decos are fine.

If adding an additional switch, breaking up the daisy chain (as shown below), the problems will be solved.

I thought a daisy chain of decos should be possible and seem to work partially.

Options
1 Reply
Re:BE65 Daisy Chain Setup - Problems with wireless devices connected to the middle deco
2024-04-23 03:53:33

@Malz 

Hi, Nice to see you again.

Are you able to constantly reproduce the following issue?

"devices connected to the middle deco (BE65 @Bedroom) are having problems accessing internet and other local devices/servers. Devices connected to ethernet seem to be running fine."

• For the "Devices connected to ethernet ", do you mean the devices connected directly to the rest of the Ethernet ports on the Bedroom BE65, right?

Can I have the model number of your first 2.5GHz switch?

• If we temporarily move this switch, Did the mobile devices still have the same issue?
  • Modem router---Deco BE65(main)----Deco BE65(bedroom)----Deco BE65(office)

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options