Join the Discussion: Wi-Fi Schedule Ideas Wanted!

2024-05-28 02:12:10 - last edited a week ago
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

17bbaff434be4dd2be10ccba270d9cb0

Wi-Fi Schedule has been a popular request for Deco products and on ECO Mode 1.0, the first Edition of WiFi Schedule has been added to several models already. With the further intention to optimize the Wi-Fi Schedule and support this feature across more models, we are keen to know more about why you think Wi-Fi Schedule is essential, and your expectations for how this feature is to be implemented.

Morever, many users probably have learned that, most Mesh products remain a few hidden wireless signals for Backhaul only between Mesh APs. Disabling the wireless Backhaul signals would cut off the internal commutation between Mesh network, causing the disconnection of Mesh APs. The common design for Wi-Fi Schedule is to allow scheduling Wi-Fi networks while maintaining the wireless Mesh Backhaul signals. So far The final decision on whether to disable the wireless Mesh Backhaul under Wi-Fi Schedule is still pending. We would appreciate hearing your thoughts on whether you prefer to disable the Wireless Backhaul or not.

WiFi Schedule Customer Survey

Options
20 Reply
Re:Join the Discussion: Wi-Fi Schedule Ideas Wanted!
2024-05-30 11:16:14

@David-TP The option could be available when using a wired connection between Deco's

Shutting down WiFi in childrens rooms at night would be appreciated. I have my to BE65 connected with LAN cable. 

Options
2024-06-04 13:05:04

@David-TP for me WiFi scheduling would be exclusively for managing my daughter's internet access but she's only 2 so that's not an issue for a few years yet! I need my IoT and Main network 24/7 for heating and smart home controls.

I did want to ask though, is there hardware limit on the number of SSIDs the Decos can broadcast? If it was possible to have Main, IOT, Guest and a separate Child SSID you could set up a schedule for the Child SSID (or whichever SSIDs you want to limit) and bypass the issue of cutting off everyone's internet access in order to limit the Child's access. They can have their own SSID and password so they never know the main one and it also eliminates the issue of random IP and MAC addresses that most phones use these days which bypass/confuse a lot of parental controls on routers.

XE75 V1.0 3-pack / Wired backhaul / Router mode / UK
Options
2024-06-05 01:35:06

@Wrayman 

Hi, I think there should be a limit on the number of broadcasting SSIDs. Currently, the SSIDs on the same frequency (2.4Ghz or 5Ghz) are operating on the same wireless channels, too many SSIDs in one channel would cause wireless interference.

I'm unsure if there will be a dedicated Child SSID, but when I launched the survey, I was told under the WiFi Schedule, there will be separate on/off switches for the Main/IOT/Guest network. In this way, Main/IOT SSIDs could be left 24/7 and the Guest SSID could be temporarily considered as a "Child SSID" and scheduled on/off in specific hours.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-06-08 21:23:39

@David-TP Deco X10 Why Not Support IOT.

Sayeem Ahmed
Options
2024-06-14 01:42:15

@SayeemAhmed 

Hi, I think it will support but the firmware takes time.

Options
2024-06-14 22:20:14

@David-TP Thanks and why MAC Filter not support Deco Series. 

Sayeem Ahmed
Options
2024-06-15 10:29:14

@Дэвид-ТП 

the simplest solution is to add a switch to the application interface "Turn off the mesh according to the schedule in the same way as the main network? Yes/No"

Options
2024-06-18 11:27:23

@STN I believe the question is "what is the value of spending money to allow disabling the backhaul wifi"?

Disabling the backhaul involves making the satellites more intelligent, they must be capable of reactivating the backhaul.  What if the schedule changes while the backhaul is disabled, what if the time or the season changes?

Options
2024-06-26 04:24:20

@David-TP the reason I want WiFi scheduler is so I can have the WiFi shut off at a certain time so my kids don't access it. I have split bands so if I can shut off the 2.4ghz band at a certain time they can't access it. While the main 5ghz/6ghz band is still on which they don't have access to

as for blocking their access on a device. That option won't work if they change their MAC address to get around device blocking.

if you add whitelist MAC. Then I'd be a happy camper. All devices now you can easily change their MAC address so, MAC address blocking doesn't work the way it should

Options
2024-06-26 04:25:57

@SayeemAhmed we need a whitelist option. My kids get around the parental blocking by changing their MAC address. If they change their MAC address if only these MACs are allowed then they won't be able to connect to the WiFi.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2117

Replies: 21

Related Articles