New Software ECO Mode on Deco
You might see ECO or ECON modes a lot in some vehicles and it is a fuel-saving feature that instructs the engine computer to shift into a program that maximizes efficiency over performance. The ECO Mode on Deco also strives to save energy and maximize working efficiency.
Deco ECO mode includes three parts: Power Mode, Wi-Fi Schedule, and LED Control.
1. Please ensure your Deco app is up to date.
2. Currently, Deco M4 V1&V2 with firmware 1.5.6 and above and Deco M5 with 1.7.0 and above support the ECO mode. Other Deco models will support this feature via firmware updates in the future.
3. ECO Mode is disabled on the Deco by default, and can be enabled on the Deco APP> More>ECO mode.
4. If the current Deco Mesh includes a Deco model that does not support the ECO mode, this feature will disappear on the Deco app.
- Power Mode
There are three Power modes:
|Normal Mode||works under the normal power state. Wi-Fi performance will not be affected|
|Power-Saving Mode||lowers the power of your Deco to reduce power consumption. This will slightly reduce your network speed.|
|Ultra Power-Saving Mode||reduces to its minimum power consumption. The network speed will reach the lowest allowed by the devices.|
Under Power-Saving Mode/Ultra Power-Saving Mode, it is allowed to set up the mode working schedule to ‘Always On’ or ‘Only On During a Time Period’.
If you select a power saving mode to ‘Only On During a Time Period’, Deco will be in the Normal mode for the rest of the time.
- WiFi Schedule
After enabling the Wi-Fi Off Time, The Wi-Fi will be turned off during the schedule, and the wireless clients will be disconnected from the Deco network. Only the wired Deco units and the devices wired to these Deco units will not be affected. If ‘Keep 2.4GHz Wi-Fi On’ is enabled, the 2.4G Wi-Fi remains on, but other Wi-Fi bands will be turned off. In this situation, the Deco units are working, but only have 2.4G and a wired connection.
1. During the Wi-Fi off time, all Wi-Fi networks including main Wi-Fi, guest Wi-Fi , and IoT network will be turned off.
2. If ‘Keep 2.4GHz Wi-Fi On’ is disabled, all Wi-Fi network settings can't change during the Wi-Fi off time. You need to disable the 'Wi-Fi Off Time' feature to change your Wi-Fi settings.
3. If you want to have Deco Wi-Fi during the Wi-Fi off time period, you could disable Wi-Fi Off Time in the Deco app directly. If you cannot modify through the Deco app, simply restart all the main and satellite Decos, and then you can connect to the Deco Wi-Fi again.
- LED Control
You might see this one before on the Deco APP and it works the same as the previous LED Control feature. If you set up LED control before, the settings can be synced under ECO settings.
Please feel free to comment below if you want to know more about this feature.