Installed SD card is blocking login to RTSP stream

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C510W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Ver.: 1.2.1 Built 240401 Rel.61067n

Dear support,

I bought this camera about 1 week ago and almost immediatelly I successfully received the RTSP stream (via VLC, then iSpy and finally desired HomeAssistant plugin). After some days I bought SD card, installed it and RTSP channel started to be unreacheable (but only after reboot), specifically HomeAssistant told me "invalid credentials", but I checked name and pwd many times, also tried to change them. What was surpising for me - the controls (e.g. pan) still working. Because I also made another changes (together with SD card installation), at the first time I didn't tried to take the SD card out (to the same HW state as it was before reboot). After factory reset (same situation), many tryings (also disable recording to SD card in Tapo application) and reboots I finally tried to take out SD card and after reboot the RTSP stream started working.
I thing there is some issue in FW, according to the installed SD card VS. RTSP stream. Or Am I wrong? Do you have any suggestion how to avoid this behaviour?

Thank you very much in advance.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Installed SD card is blocking login to RTSP stream-Solution

@Jefik 

Hi
You can refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot if fail to stream the Tapo camera via the RTSP/ONVIF protocol.
What can I do if fail to stream the Tapo camera via the RTSP/ONVIF protocol?

As you can see in the first step of the above instructions, the RTSP stream can’t be established if you have subscribed to the Tapo Care service and inserted a microSD card.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Installed SD card is blocking login to RTSP stream-Solution

@Jefik 

Hi
You can refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot if fail to stream the Tapo camera via the RTSP/ONVIF protocol.
What can I do if fail to stream the Tapo camera via the RTSP/ONVIF protocol?

As you can see in the first step of the above instructions, the RTSP stream can’t be established if you have subscribed to the Tapo Care service and inserted a microSD card.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Installed SD card is blocking login to RTSP stream
2 weeks ago

@Solla-topee Thank you very much! I missed this "feature". It explains everything. I will try to cut off the Tapo Care cloud.

Options