Slow download speed onlye on TL-WPA8631P

2 weeks ago
Model: TL-WPA8631P KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.2 Build 20230817 Rel.58509

I have a TL-WPA8631P kit with and additional TL-WPA8631P and I have very slow download speeds when I do a speed test connected to one of the extenders. It is the same on WiFi and wired. The upload speeds are fine, giving me almost the maximum of my internet connection.

If I swap the two extenders around the slow speed moves with the device so I don't think it is the electrical wiring. I had an older AV600 in the same place and it was fine.

The TPLink app shows speeds between the devices of between 500 & 1000 so I cannot work out why the actual connection to the internet is so slow.

I've done everything I can think of. I've factory reset it a couple of times and also upgraded the firmware.

Why would the download speed be so slow (under 5 Mbps) regardless of location?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Slow download speed onlye on TL-WPA8631P
a week ago

@SteveC74 

Hi,may I confirm that you have swapped the location of the two powerline extender TL-WPA8631P and the slow download speed issue just followed certain TL-WPA8631P?

if so, what download speed can you get from another TL-WPA8631P?

You may follow the troubleshooting article and contact the retailer for warranty confirmation if you purchased the device recently.

Options
a week ago

@Marvin_S 

Yes, the slowness on download follows the device around. The upload is unaffected.

One the other device I get around 100Mbps download on average. On the device with an issue its usually around 5-10Mbps.

For reference my internet is 1Gbps down and 100Mbps up.

I've attached a screenshot of the data speeds from the TP-Link app which shows roughly 500Mbps between the devices.

I've also attached a screenshot of a speed test.

Options
a week ago

@SteveC74 

Hi you may contact the retailer or the local support to confirm warranty.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 81

Replies: 3

Related Articles