Powerline Adaptors lose ID

2 weeks ago
Model: TL-WPA8631P  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I am using the TP-Link app.

I enter each of the TPLink powerline Extenders and amend their ID name (eg 1 Bedroom) and save it,

When I subsequently restart the TP-link app all the Powerline ID names have returned to the unit ID (eg device_7375).

I am using the version 3 TL-WPA8631P units, with the latest firmware, but had the same issue on my older units (WPA4220(uk) v4.1 and the even older TLWPA4220 units.

They all worked fine, just kept resetting the ID name change, what am I doing wrong?

Cheers Dave

Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline Adaptors lose ID
2 weeks ago

@DaveMoore 

Hi,

I can't test this with the phone app, because my Powerline adapters don't have Wi-Fi, but my experience with the tpPLC Utility for Windows is that custom device names are saved with the tpPLC Utility and not inside the actual Powerline adapters.

If I custom-name my Powerline adapters on one computer and later start the tpPLC Utility on a second computer it shows the default names again. I can then also enter and save different custom names on that second computer, but when I open the tpPLC Utility of the first computer again, then I am shown the device names entered previously in the tpPLC Utility of the first computer.

So, I would say either the tpPLC app you are using doesn't save the names you've entered (bug?, have you given the app the required permissions?) or the saved data of the tpPLC app somehow gets deleted.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 53

Replies: 1

Related Articles