Cannot connect to work intranet sites via VPN

2 weeks ago
Tags: #VPN

Hi,

My old setup was a ZTE modem and the TP-Link Archer AX55 as the router (got this for better wifi).

My internet has dropping out all the time and I narrowed it down to the ZTE modem.

So, I swapped it out and purchased a TP-Link archer VR300 (and still have the TP-Link Archer AX55 as the router).

This solved the issue with my internet dropping out all the time.

However, now there is another issue. I work from home and when I try to use my companies VPN (through OpenVPN Connect) it connects ok, but I can't access my company intranet sites / backend systems which makes work a bit hard.

To try and isolate the issue I swapped back to the ZTE modem temporarily and the VPN worked fine.

So, this issue appears to be directly related to the TP-Link Archer VR300 (I removed TP-Link Archer AX55 temporarily and still had the same issue).

Can anyone please give me an insight into what might be causing this ?

Thanks,

Paul.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot connect to work intranet sites via VPN
2 weeks ago

@theHypoSloth 

To isolate the issue with VR300 you could put it in a bridge mode and use the AX55 for building the PPPoE session  - details.

Thus you'll avoid double NAT in your local network and use AX55 as a primary router.

Other than that compare your ZTE modem internet settings with your VR300 internet settings.

If you can ping the IP addresses of the intranet sites but not their names, it seems like a DNS issue that you have.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2 weeks ago

@terziyski Thanks for the feedback, I will try that.

No, I can't ping the IP of the intranet sites when connected via VPN so doesn't appear to be a DNS issue. 

Options
a week ago

@theHypoSloth 

Hi, you may read this article to check your settings

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 105

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles