VX220-G2v - VoIP configuration question

2 weeks ago
Model: General Product  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: .0.0 0.9 v603c.0 Build 220517 Rel.49186n

I note that my VX220-G2v router does not appear in the TP Link drop-down list which is why I have selected General Product.

The product details are:

- Firmware Version:2.0.0 0.9 v603c.0 Build 220517 Rel.49186n

- Hardware Version:VX220-G2v v2.0 00000000

I have the same issue reported in the previous thread referenced below but I cannot see if and how that previous thread was solved.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/606418

I have been supplied by Internode in Australia with a VX220-G2v router to replace my previous VR1600 through which I had an Internode NodePhone service with no problems. The VX220-G2v displays the same screen as in the previous thread where, despite me having a registered VOIP number with Internode, the replacement router was supplied not configured for my phone service. The dialog screen states: Telephone service not available.

Since the VX220-G2v also has no 'Telephony' menu options as in the VR1600, it appears not possible to configure it other than at the 'factory' via some method that appears invisible to the user.

I have been chasing Internode for 5 days to fix the problem and they seem to be at a complete loss to fix it and the have been very unstaisfactory in the provision of actual help. Promised calls back by Tech Support have not come and I have had to keep chasing them. They claim to have re-registered my VOIP number in their system against the modem, yet the modem, despite restarting / resetting, still fails to show that it is configured for my phone service.

If anyone has any clues about how this VX220-G2v router is actually configured for a phone service I would love to know!

Options
3 Reply
Re:VX220-G2v - VoIP configuration question
2 weeks ago

@HarveP 

Your modem router is an ISP provided device and it's not supported by the community as @David-TP already pointed.

Hence your only option is to chase your ISP about the VoIP configuration settings.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
a week ago
I am sure you could do better than a smart-alec response. I looked again at that previous post and it is not obvious that the VX220 is an ISP issued device, not supported by this forum. How would I be expected to know that anyway? It was simply sent by my ISP as a replacement; no such statement was made by them; it arrived in a TP Link box; it has a TP Link sticker on the modem; it uses TP Link branded software to manage the device, and so as far as I'm concerned, it is a TP Link product and should be in the list.
Options
a week ago

@HarveP 

Hello and thank you for posting your question here.

Sorry to inform you that your modem router VX220-G2v  is an ISP-specialized model. Since the configuration details and VoIP function permission are all determined by the ISP, it is recommended you contact your internet service provider to guide you in setting up the VoIP feature efficiently.

Hoping for your kind understanding.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 119

Replies: 3

Related Articles