Advice please on how to create a mesh system with Virgin Hub 5 and multiple TP-LINK RE200 extenders

Advice please on how to create a mesh system with Virgin Hub 5 and multiple TP-LINK RE200 extenders

2 weeks ago
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Apologies in advance; I am not very tech savvy, so I'm looking for a really simplistic, foolproof guide if possible please.

I have a Virgin Hub 5 and multiple TP-LINK RE200 extenders. 

The problem I have is that each of my TP-LINK RE200 extenders has its own "name".  If for example I'm browsing the net on my iPhone in my living room, I'm likely to be connected to my Virgin Hub's wifi.  If I take my phone upstairs to my home office, I'm no longer connected to my Virgin Hub, but I generally have to manually switch my phone's wifi to TP-LINK RE200 (Upstairs).  If I then go to my garage with my phone, I have to manually switch my phone's wifi again to TP-LINK RE200 (Garage) etc.

Is there a way in which I can simply make this all one mesh system?

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Advice please on how to create a mesh system with Virgin Hub 5 and multiple TP-LINK RE200 extenders
2 weeks ago

@Eddie2024 

Onemesh is TP-Link proprietary technology. To be able to build Onemesh you need a Onemesh capable router and range extenders.

Easymesh is a new standard that most of mesh capable routers support.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options