TL-SG116 Performance with long cable runs (100+ ft)?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-27 03:09:09 - last edited 2019-02-27 17:16:55
Model: TL-SG116  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I got a notification that the Forum Administrator removed this post.  I'm not sure why this was done.  If this post is in the wrong area, please let me know and I'll be happy to post in the more appropriate spot.  I am re-posting to see if anyone can share their insights:

I am looking to replace a Cisco 16-port Gigabit switch that I've had running in my house since I built it in 2006 (yes, 13 years!).  That switch still works, but I get pretty slow speeds in my 2nd floor cable runs.  The switch is in the basement, so the Cat-6 cables that I ran through the house can reach up to 125 ft from the switch to the 2nd floor bedrooms and home office.

So, I've read great reviews about the TP-Link TL-SG116, but I've seen a few comments that worry me about connectivity for long cable runs.

Can anyone provide any information on performance of this switch with cable runs that reach up to 100-125 ft?

If this model might have inconsistent or poor performance/connectivity for long cable runs, would another TP-Link gigabit switch work better?

Thanks!

Andrew

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 197

Replies: 0

Related Articles